Former Dining Services employee charged with multiple counts of criminal trespassing

(Jon Sammis/The Daily Campus)

A former Dining Services employee was charged for two separate incidences of criminal trespassing last week.

On Feb. 26, the UConn Police Department was called after a UConn employee reported that Peter Joseph Stetson, 60, of Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina, had been trespassing at the Commissary Warehouse, according to police. The warehouse is where all of dining service’s baked goods are prepared.

The employee said Stetson had been told multiple times that he was not allowed at any of the dining services buildings. According to Stetson’s Facebook page he formerly worked for UConn Dining Services. He was added to the Union Street Market Facebook group in August 2013.

Police located Stetson at 6:56 a.m. and placed him under arrest, charging him with first-degree criminal trespassing.

Three days later, Stetson went to the Student Union, entered the “employees only” area after explicitly being told not to. He then spit in the face and yelled obscenities at one of the employees, according to police.

Police responded to the scene and later found Stetson in Manchester.

Stetson was arrested and charged with first-degree criminal trespassing, second-degree breach of peace and second-degree reckless endangerment. He was released after posting his $10,000 bail to a bondsman.

His court date has been set for March 12.

Anna Zarra Aldrich is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at She tweets @ZarraAnna.