Tory Lanez performed in Miami after canceling on UCONNIC for ‘personal matters’

Lanez was out and active in Miami despite canceling on UCONNIC (Photography by World Red Eye on April 13th, 2018

Tory Lanez was spotted at Story Nightclub in Miami Beach, Florida, Thursday night, the night of the UCONNIC Musical Festival, according to TMZ

At the beginning of March, Lanez was booked for UCONNIC in addition to Khalid and Groove Boston. On March 31, the SUBOG Concert Committee sent a letter to University of Connecticut students, saying “due to personal matters, Mr. Lanez has notified us that he is unable to perform at (UCONNIC).”

However, on Thursday night, Lanez performed at the Story Club with Trey Songz and O.T Genasis, according to worldredeye.com and TMZ.  A video posted on Lanez’s Instagram story at approximately 2:30 a.m. appeared to show him at a club with the other rappers. 

Lanez’s show was a going away party for his new tour “Memories don’t die.” Tickets for the show were being sold on Tixr.com with Lanez as the headliner. 

Lanez’s tour dates officially start May 11 in Miami, according to a picture posted on Lanez’s Facebook page. 

An April 11 post on Story Nightclub’s Facebook page advertised Lanez’s appearance scheduled for the following night. 

Lanez’s public relations team and the SUBOG Concert Committee both declined to give public comment at the time of reporting.

Rachel Philipson is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at rachel.philipson@uconn.edu.