Bunched finals can be rescheduled until April 20

Students whose finals qualify as being bunched should go to the iCenter in the Wilbur Cross Building for help rescheduling them, according to the Dean of Students Office website.(The Daily Campus/file photo)

University of Connecticut students can reschedule bunched finals until April 20.

“Bunched finals include two finals scheduled at the same time, three finals in one calendar day, three finals in consecutive time blocks spanning parts of two consecutive days or four finals in two consecutive days,” Associate Dean of Students Maureen Armstrong said.

Students whose finals qualify as being bunched should go to the iCenter in the Wilbur Cross Building for help rescheduling them, according to the Dean of Students Office website.

Students who have extenuating circumstances which warrant an exam being rescheduled should submit a request to the Dean of Students Office and be prepared to present supporting documentation, Armstrong said.  

“During final exam week, if a student is ill, they should go to Student Health Services if they are unable to take an exam due to illness,” Armstrong said. “Student Health Services will work with the Dean of Students Office to process approvals for verified illness.”

Students who receive approval for a final to be rescheduled should reach out to the professor of their class right away about when they can take the exam, Armstrong said.

“It is important for students to realize that the faculty member for the class will identify when the rescheduled exam will be administered,” Armstrong said. “In some instances, the different exam time may be at the start of the next semester.”

Armstrong stressed that rescheduling exams is a way to support students, but is not intended to allow extra time for studying. She recommends students check their exam schedule well in advance of finals week and get proper rest and nutrition.

“Faculty and staff want students to succeed and are usually quite reasonable in working with students when assistance is needed,” Armstrong said. “Try to remain calm and patient, treating faculty and staff with respect when asking for assistance… our goal is to help students successfully complete the semester.”

EllieAnn Lesko is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can reached via email at ellieann.lesko@uconn.edu.