Women's Lacrosse: Nolan becomes Lacrosse's leading scorer

Grace Nolan, on attack here, has become the premier goal scorer in the UConn history this season (Jon Sammis/The Daily Campus)

Senior attacker Grace Nolan became the UConn lacrosse team’s all-time leading scorer on Friday after scoring 11 points in the team’s rout of Cincinnati.

Nolan now has 254 career points.

In Friday’s match, Nolan tallied eight goals and three assists. Her 11 points tied a program record she herself set earlier in the season. Her eight goals also match a program best in goals scored.

Nolan also scored six of the Huskies 12 first half goals.

The Marcellus, N.Y. native’s resume is full of impressive accomplishments. Last season, she was named to the 2017 IWCLA All-Northeast Region First Team as well as the All Big East First Team for the past three seasons. Additionally, in her rookie season she was named the Big East Rookie of the Year.

Nolan has been a starter on the team since her freshman year and made a splash her first season by scoring 46 points off of 26 goals and 20 assists.

The Huskies will honor Nolan along with her fellow seniors on Sunday, April 22 when they face Vanderbilt at home. The game is slated to begin at 12 p.m. and will be at the George J. Sherman Family Sports Complex.

Mariana Dominguez is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at mariana.dominguez@uconn.edu.