Women's Lacrosse: UConn routes Cincinnati

UConn's Women's Lacrosse team takes to the field against Cincinnati on Friday, Apr. 13. The Huskies played ruthlessly, dominating the Bearcats 20-8 (Jon Sammis/The Daily Campus)

he UConn lacrosse team beat Cincinnati 20-8 on Friday in a midday game.

UConn is now 7-7 overall and 3-3 in Big East action.

UConn remains undefeated against the Bearcats with a 10-0 record in the all-time series.

Senior Grace Nolan scored eight goals and three assists in the contest. Her 11 points tie a program record she set earlier in the season. Her eight goals also match a program best in goals scored.

The Huskies started the game with a 4-0 scoring run. In the first half, Nolan scored six of UConn’s 12 first half goals.

Caitlin Leary scored two goals in the contest while Olivia Miles, Grace McDonald and Stephanie Palmucci each scored a goal.

By the end of the half, UConn was up 12-4. UConn was able to increase their lead to 13 points after three consecutive goals from Madison Cook, Nolan, and Abby Vetsch. Cincinnati was able to score one more to get their score up to eight, but that was their final goal of the game.

UConn’s Grace Beshlian made seven saves in the match.

For Cincinnati, Gianna Napoletano and Sam Mlkvy each scored a team high two goals apiece.

Next up, the Huskies will head to Georgetown to take on the Hoyas on Wednesday. UConn takes on Vanderbilt at the George J. Sherman Family Sports Complex, on Sunday, senior day for the Huskies.

Mariana Dominguez is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at mariana.dominguez@uconn.edu.