Thirsty Thursday: Irish Coffee

The arrival of April means that there will be a lot to look forward to this month, like warm weather, Spring Weekend and blossoming trees. As beautiful and exciting as the month can be, I spend most of my April preoccupied with school work. With finals fast approaching and midterms seemingly never-ending, I know I am not the only one who spends a fair amount of my April holed up inside the library. For those looking for a drink that will help you get through those tough Thursday nights where you can’t decide between the bar and the library, this week’s drink is an Irish Coffee. Our Irish Coffee will give you the best of both worlds by combining alcohol and caffeine, but enjoy wisely.

Ingredients

Ten ounces of coffee

Two ounces of Baileys

One ounce of Irish whiskey

Combine the ingredients in a glass and gently stir. Garnish with whipped cream or cinnamon.

Our Irish Coffee gives you a nice caffeine boost from the coffee, and the Baileys and Irish Whiskey are boozy enough to ensure that a couple of cups will get you sufficiently buzzed. This drink is also great because of how quick and easy it was to make. There was no shaking or squeezing, so you will have plenty of time leftover to do your schoolwork.

Thirsty Thursday is created by of-age students in the Daily Campus Life section. Recommendations can be sent to life@dailycampus.com. We will respond if sober.