It will make you cry, but ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ is best Marvel film by far

This image released by Disney shows Chris Hemsworth as Thor in a scene from Marvel Studios' "Avengers: Infinity War." (Marvel Studios via AP)

Marvel Studios has done it again with yet another spectacular film. With the same tongue and cheek humor from their 2017 film “Thor: Ragnarok” and the same unique story and amazing character development as their other recent film “Black Panther.”

There is not much that can be said about the plot of this film, as any big plot points would be massive spoilers. Overall, the film encompassed all Marvel films up until this point, including all of the characters within every Marvel film that had not previously died in other films. This meant that every superhero and even a few popular villains rounded out the gigantic cast. The film was almost three hours long, which should be a recipe for disaster, but it worked to the directors’ favor, giving the Russo brothers more time to develop the intricate theme as well as the emotions of their abundance of main characters.

Much of the film was entertaining, making you cry, then laugh and then cry again the entire time. The story was not predictable, which is a problem many superhero films face. It had an intriguing narrative with the main villain, Thanos, always keeping the audience on their toes. There was never really a dull moment in the film, every second was packed with action, plot and character development that was hard to tear your eyes away from.

There was one issue that I had with the film, which was due to the enormous cast. Although it was extremely exciting to see all of the different Marvel characters come together, the story felt a little rushed at times and caused strange jump-cuts. This was not that big of a problem, since it was overshadowed by all of the positive aspects of the blockbuster film, but as a viewer it was a little annoying. This problem was resolved towards the end of the film as the characters stories began to mould together.

The cast truly was the best part of this film, if you like a certain superhero from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it was almost guaranteed that they were in it. Though Marvel fans have already seen this crossover before from the first two Avengers films, the cast has expanded tremendously, with new additions such as Black Panther, Spiderman and Doctor Strange, all of which have had their own films recently. One standout factor of the cast was the talented acting of each and every member of the group. Some characters did not get as much screen time as others, which the Russo brothers have revealed there is a reason for, but every actor or actress made their moments in front of the camera extremely memorable.

“Avengers: Infinity War” exceeded expectations. It was captivating for both die-hard fans and casual viewers. The combination of Marvel characters’ worlds was done so brilliantly that it was able put a smile on the audiences’ face. Every aspect of this film was executed creatively, making this film an exceptional example of modern cinema.

Rating: 4.9 out of 5

Calista Giroux is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at calista.giroux@gmail.com.