Chief Operating Officer of Athletics Beth Goetz named AD at Ball State

(Photo via UConnHuskies.com)

(Photo via UConnHuskies.com)

Beth Goetz, who has served as chief operating officer for UConn athletics since June 2016, has accepted an offer to be the new Athletic Director at Ball State University.

“I am thrilled to join Ball State, especially under the leadership of President [Geoffrey] Mearns,” Goetz said in a press release Monday. “I look forward to joining a great team of student-athletes, coaches and staff. I understand and appreciate the University’s dedication to engaging with the entire community. I can’t wait to be a part of Muncie and East Central Indiana.”

In addition to serving as COO, Goetz was UConn’s senior woman administrator, and served as sport administrator for many of the university’s most successful programs, including football, men’s soccer, women’s ice hockey, and softball. If that wasn’t enough, Goetz also worked as Department Liaison for admissions and Title XI & gender equity.

Goetz replaces Mark Sandy, who is retiring in June. She is the second female athletic director in Ball State history. Goetz previously held positions at he University of Minnesota and Butler University.

“Beth is a truly outstanding leader and athletic administrator in higher education,” President Susan Herbst said in a release. “Any university would be lucky to have her as its athletic director. We at UConn are very sorry to lose someone of Beth’s immense talents, but we are happy for her as she begins this new chapter of her career. It was a pleasure to work alongside her.”

Andrew Morrison is the assocaite sports editor for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at andrew.morrison@uconn.edu. He tweets at @asmor24