Melissa’s Menu: One-pot pasta primavera

This week’s recipe is a one-pot pasta primavera, which is a great vegetarian and healthy option packed with tons of vegetables and flavor. (screenshot/tasty.co)

A one-pot dinner can be a life saver if you’re pressed for time, you don’t want to make a big mess or you are just feeling lazy. They’re usually minimal effort but still very delicious. This week’s recipe is a one-pot pasta primavera, which is a great vegetarian and healthy option packed with tons of vegetables and flavor. Since everything is cooked in one pot, you really get a variety of flavors from the broth, seasonings and vegetables that come together really nicely. It’s also insanely easy to make and will leave you craving more.

Ingredients

4 cups broth, of your choice
10 ounces of uncooked linguine
10 ounces of broccoli floret
1 pound of asparagus, chopped into one-inch pieces
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon of olive oil, to taste
4 ounces of mushroom, sliced
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons of fresh parsley, finely chopped

Directions

In a medium-sized pot over high heat, combine broth, linguine, broccoli, asparagus, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and olive oil. Stir. Add the mushrooms and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook the pasta for 10 minutes, continuously tossing with tongs. Add the heavy cream, parmesan and parsley and toss for an additional three minutes. If the liquid hasn’t been completely absorbed, let the pasta sit off the heat for an additional few minutes.

Melissa Scrivani is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at melissa.scrivani@uconn.edu.