Top Husky performances over the weekend

Christian Vital was honored for reaching 1000 point mark before game against Wichita State (Eric Wang/The Daily Campus)

Christian Vital – Men’s Basketball

In the Huskies’ 80-60 win over Wichita State on Saturday, the hot hand all night was junior Christian Vital. He scored a team-high 21 points on 7-of-11 shooting and had five assists. He also hit five of his eight shots from downtown. UConn dominated the entire game, and much of that was because of the great play from Vital.

Napheesa Collier – Women’s Basketball

Most of the time the UConn women’s basketball team plays, they win, and most of the time they win, Napheesa Collier is a big reason why. Sunday’s 93-57 victory over UCF was no different. Collier played a fantastic game on both ends of the floor, finishing with 23 points, nine assists, four steals and three blocks. This type of game has become almost routine for Collier, as her play this season has put her in the conversation for National Player of the Year.

Alexander Payusov – Men’s Hockey

The UConn hockey team had a tough weekend, being outscored 8-2 by UNH in two games. However, the one Husky that had a good weekend was the man who scored the only two goals. Alexander Payusov scored his team-leading 12th and 13th goals of the season in Friday night’s 2-2 tie. Payusov has been one of the lone bright spots in an otherwise forgettable season for the Ice Bus.

Morgan Fisher – Women’s Hockey

Like the men’s team, the women’s hockey team also tied one and lost one this weekend. However, their standout was not their big goal scorer, but rather their main goal defender. Goalie Morgan Fisher played an unbelievable game in Saturday’s scoreless tie with Maine, racking up 33 saves including 18 in the third period and overtime. It was her 10th 30-save performance of the season.

Mark Hunter – Men’s Swimming and Diving

The UConn men’s swimming and diving team celebrated senior day on Saturday with a 183-106 win over Villanova. Senior Mark Hunter made the most of his day with a first place finish in both the 100 Breast and the 200 IM. He also swam the second leg in the Huskies’ 200 IM relay victory. Hunter led his team in the final meet, just like he has led them over his entire time with the program.

Danny Barletta is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at daniel.barletta@uconn.edu.