Coffee with President Katsouleas

New UConn president Thomas Katsouleas takes the podium at an event earlier this semester (Judah Shingleton/The Daily Campus)

Incoming University of Connecticut president Tom Katsouleas will be at The Beanery between 8:45 a.m. and 10 a.m. this morning, to meet members of the UConn community.  

“I would love to say hello to any and all members of the campus community in person; please feel free to come by and say hello and grab a cup of coffee with me,” Katsouleas said in a letter to the UConn Community.  

This week is the beginning of many visits to UConn by Katsouleas before he takes office in August.  

“I will be coming up for a few days each month between now and August to listen and learn as much as I can from you,” Katsouleas said.  

Emalie Bellezza, a fourth-semester chemical engineering major, expressed interest in Katsouleas’ visit to The Beanery.  

“I definitely would want to meet him,” Bellezza said. “I would just want to talk about the university, his plans and even life in general.”  

Katsouleas said he has been welcomed already by the UConn community.  

“I am learning about wonderful traditions like Huskython, the recent recognition of our Grammy-winning music faculty, and I even got an invitation to surf with an Avery Point Ph.D. student,” Katsouleas said.  

Katsouleas took a tour of the Storrs campus on Sunday with student tour guides and will be at UConn Health in Farmington on Wednesday.  

Katsouleas was voted unanimously to be the 16th president of UConn in February, succeeding president Susan Herbst.  

Ashley Anglisano is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached by email at ashley.anglisano@uconn.edu.