Roundtable: Who do you want your team to draft?

This June 21, 2018, photo provided by University of Oklahoma Athletics shows Kyler Murray. Murray is a possible pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. (Ty Russell/Oklahoma University Athletics via AP)

After months of mock drafts, rumors and rampant speculation, the NFL Draft is finally here. The Arizona Cardinals are unofficially on the clock with the No. 1 overall pick, and it seems they’ll likely take Nick Bosa or draft (and promptly negotiate a trade) quarterback Kyler Murray. But there aren’t any Cardinals fans on the staff, so instead, we’ll discuss our respective favorite teams in this week’s roundtable. Who do we want our teams to draft?

Neil Simmons, Campus Correspondent

It may sound like a broken record, but the Patriots’ biggest needs are once again offensive weapons and pass rush. There is an abundance of pass rushing talent in this draft, so the Pats should be able to grab one of them at the end of the first round. My eyes are on Clemson DT and Massachusetts native Christian Wilkins. The Patriots haven't had a very strong interior run defense or pass rush since Vince Wilfork left and Wilkins should fill that gap immediately. If they choose to go offense in the first, I’d like to see Jace Sternberger from Texas A&M come in to take over at TE now that Gronk retired.

Jorge Eckardt, Staff Writer

As a Jets fan, gimme Quinnen Williams. Ideally, Nick Bosa falls to three, but odds are that’s not going to happen. Besides, the man is beast in the interior. He was unstoppable at Alabama, racking up 19.5 tackles for loss and eight sacks this past season. Now, if we get the right package, I would also be fine with trading down. I’ve heard rumors of the Bengals wanting to trade up and a mock-proposal of our three for their 11 and A.J. Green would be something I’d pull the trigger on. However, if we don’t get the perfect package, don’t trade down for the sake of trading down, just take Williams.

Matt Barresi, Staff Writer

Kyler Murray to Foxboro! Just kidding, although that would be cool from a fan point of view. Along those lines, I would love to see Murray’s sooner teammate Marquise “Hollywood” Brown end up with my New England Patriots. The team has bigger needs than a wide receiver, and they have failed consistently at drafting and developing them. But Brown is just a talent, an incredible athlete with great ball skills and dynamism in his routes. Julian Edelman was sensational as usual, but he won’t be forever. Putting Brown in some of his spotts would be very lucrative in my opinion, not to mention quite fun to watch. If they had Edelman, Brown and Josh Gordon can return in half decent fashion, watch out. I would love to watch the Pats offense scorch the league like they did in their one-loss year, and Brown is the step in that direction

Mike Mavredakis, Campus Correspondent

D.K. Metcalf should be on his way to the north in Foxboro. If available after the pick No. 20, then the Patriots should move up and grab this physical specimen. He is a 6-foot-3 wideout who runs a 4.33 40-yard dash. There are not many receivers out there who can throw up 27 reps on the bench press. Looking at his numbers last season, he did not have an outrageously good performance, but Ole Miss did not pass as much as they should have last year. The Patriots are without a dangerous outside threat, with the question marks that are Demaryius Thomas and Josh Gordon, so go out and get the strongest and nearly the fastest deep threat available.