Diana Taurasi featured in BODYARMOR commercial

Screenshot from Youtube

With the UConn women’s basketball team slated to take on rival Notre Dame, a familiar face will also be on fan’s television screens.

BODYARMOR is the official sports drink of men’s and women’s NCAA and the NCAA Tournament. The beverage is designed for athletes, by athletes, the brand’s low calorie option BODYARMOR LYTE has potassium-packed electrolytes, natural flavors and is only 20 calories per serving. The brand also offers two other products, Sports Drink, and SportWater.

In the commercial, it shows how Taurasi’s hard work and determination has gotten her to where she is in her life. During her basketball career, Taurasi has been a nine-time WNBA All-Star, four-time Olympic gold medalist and three-time NCAA Champion as a Husky.

The commercial will also be narrated by UConn women’s basketball superfan and NBA legend Kobe Bryant. It will be aired for the first time during the women’s basketball NCAA Tournament games on Friday evening. Oregon will play Baylor in the first game at 7 p.m., while UConn versus Notre Dame will take place after that game, at around 9 p.m.

BODYARMOR has completed several commercials featuring recognizable athletes from several different sports. Other BODYARMOR athletes include Donovan Mitchell, James Harden, Mike Trout and Andrew Luck.

Michael Logan is the sports editor for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at michael.logan@uconn.edu.