UConn students organize scream

About 30 University of Connecticut students formed a circle around the seal on Fairfield Way and screamed for approximately a minute. (Brandon Barzola/The Daily Campus)

About 30 University of Connecticut students formed a circle around the seal on Fairfield Way and screamed for approximately a minute.  

The event was organized on the Facebook group Buy or Sell by second-semester psychology and German major Taylor Harton and eighth-semester physiology and neurobiology major Omar Taweh. 

“I just feel like at this point, students need an outlet for all their stressful situations,” Harton said. “What’s better than aimlessly screaming?” 

Taweh said he was approached by Harton for help organizing the event and he was excited immediately.  

“I scream because I want to protest UConn in general,” Taweh said.  

Taweh said he hopes this will be a biannual event, occurring near the end of every semester.  

“There’s a ton of things to scream about,” Taweh said. “If you’re angry at your ex, your roommate, your bad grades; anything really.”  

Harton said she wanted the collective scream to bring the community together. 

“It’s a bonding event,” Harton said. “We’re hyped for Final Four. There’s so many reasons to scream.”  

Grace Brangwynne, a second-semester political science major, came to the seal to express may different feelings.  

“I just have so many emotions that need to be expressed,” Brangwynne said.  

Ashley Anglisano is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached by email at ashley.anglisano@uconn.edu.