Men’s Soccer: Huskies improve to 2-0 with win over URI 

By Charlotte Lao for The Daily Campus

By Charlotte Lao for The Daily Campus

Senior forward Jordan Hall notched his first career UConn hat trick and fellow senior midfielder Dayonn Harris dished out two assists as the Huskies rallied for a 3-1 victory Tuesday night in Kingston, RI. 

URI took a 1-0 lead in the fifth minute as junior forward Stavros Zarokastas found himself in a one-on-one with Huskies sophomore goalkeeper Gianluca Catalano and finished it for his first goal of the season. 

UConn dominated the majority of early possession and finally was able to equalize in the 20th minute as Hall pounced on junior Ahdan Tait’s corner kick and scored through traffic. The British-born Rutgers transfer struck again just before halftime as he rose and met a long Harris throw-in at the back-post and headed the ball home for a 2-1 lead in the 42nd minute. 

The Huskies continued to press and Hall completed the hat trick in the 62nd minute as Harris picked up the ball on the right wing and served a long cross to a streaking Hall, who smashed home a leaping volley on the left side of the box. 

UConn held its 3-1 advantage, improving to 2-0 on the season while URI falls to 0-1-1. The Huskies will play Farleigh Dickinson University at Al-Marzook field in Hartford on Friday.  

Story Salit is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus and can be reached via email at story.salit@uconn.edu.