Storrs Center receives rebranded sushi restaurant

0
1
exc-5b85b25b758d46cf73c1ef16

Love Art Sushi in Storrs Center has undergone a regime change (Charlotte Lao/The Daily Campus)

Formerly known as Love Art Sushi, the popular sushi bowl restaurant in Storrs Center recently reopened under new ownership and a new title, EatJoy.

On May 16, the former owners of Love Art Sushi announced via Facebook that they would be closing the store after five years of business.

“This location was the birthplace of our brand and we’ve been able to grow tremendously alongside the community in Storrs-Mansfield and UConn,” the post read. “We wouldn’t be where we are today without the support throughout all the years.”

After a brief period of closure and renovations, the restaurant reopened under the name EatJoy. The new management maintained similar menu offerings, with few topping changes and new, non-sushi items.

Sushi bowls and bubble tea have remained on the menu while classic Asian dishes such as General Tso’s chicken, beef with broccoli and pepper steak with onion have joined the lineup.

Mia Salgado, a sixth-semester psychology major, was disappointed when she heard Love Art Sushi was closing.

“It was a special place for my friends and I to go to after a stressful day in classes,” Salgado said. “I was absolutely devastated when I heard it was closing and actually took a trip to the only other Love Art Sushi location, in Boston.”

Salgado found the new restaurant to be almost entirely the same.

“My friends recently surprised me by taking me to the reopened restaurant and I was pretty pleased because it is extremely similar,” she said. “Mostly everything is the same and the bowls were just as good as before.”

The restaurant’s former owners assured customers their favorite employees would either be continuing their position at the new establishment or joining the Love Art Sushi team in Boston.

“Many familiar faces you’ve seen throughout the years will be relocating full-time to join our team in Boston while all current employees will most likely be retained by the new ownership,” the post said.  

Abby Brone is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at abigail.brone@uconn.edu.