The Biebers get married… again 

0
21

View this post on Instagram

Even thugz get married

A post shared by Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) on

Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin, now Hailey Bieber, spent their first wedding anniversary in an unusual way: They got married again! The couple finally had the giant celebrity wedding of their dreams a year after their secret visit to a marriage license courthouse. And to mark the occasion, Bieber decided to join the growing trend of artists, including Bebe Rexha, Justin Timberlake and Zedd, who have been featured in radio-dominating country-pop crossovers by releasing his collaborative single with Dan + Shay, “10,000 Hours.” 

The Biebers have kept information surrounding their wedding mostly under wraps. These are the facts we know about the wedding: It took place on Sept. 30 in front of 154 guests, several of which, including Justin’s manager, Kendall Jenner and Joan Smalls, were fellow celebrities. The religious union took place at the Somerset Chapel of Montage Palmetto Bluff hotel in Bluffton, South Carolina, much to the chagrin of the other guests who were barred from the spa, pool and hotel restaurant from Sunday to Tuesday. The venue is a sprawling country resort right on the water with a quaint onsite chapel. The couple’s current favorite artist Daniel Caesar was hired as their wedding singer. Hailey reportedly wore two gowns and a “wife” embroidered leather jacket, while Justin may have worn one of several questionable tuxedos he posted on his Instagram. Lastly, the bridal party was largely kept in the family, with Hailey’s sister as the maid of honor. Other than this, not much is known about the wedding. 

Justin’s adoration for his wife is clear in his stream-of-consciousness declarations of love on his social media, especially on his 2018 engagement post. He even reportedly credited Hailey (and Jesus) for his newfound sense of responsibility and for his recovery from a decade of heavy drug abuse.  

This adoration is reflected in the music video of “10,000 Hours” where Justin serenades Hailey with lines like “When you think about your forever now, do you think of me?” and “When you close your eyes, tell me, what are you dreamin’? / Everything, I wanna know it all.” All the while, he is shown kissing Hailey, spooning her on a bed and pressing his forehead against hers. Justin, Dan Smyers and Shay Mooney all take turns romancing their respective partners throughout the video, with adorable home-video clips of each couple playing in the background. 

The song is sweet, and not overtly country, despite the heavy acoustic overtones, which helps to make it more appealing to a greater number of audiences. From its sentimental chorus of “I’d spend ten thousand hours and ten thousand more / Oh, if that’s what it takes to learn that sweet heart of yours / And I might never get there, but I’m gonna try,” it’s not surprising that I’ve already heard it play at a wedding Saturday, despite it only being released Friday. 

Hopefully their sappy, lovesick honeymoon phase lasts longer than the honeymoon, but if not, they can always marry again (again). 

Rebecca Maher is a senior staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at rebecca.l.maher@uconn.edu.