Late night acceptance letters for Class of 2024

0
0
exc-5e5effbfeaaff769bf06eaee

The University of Connecticut class of 2024 acceptance letters were released a day early, on March 1 instead of Feb. 28.  Photo courtesy of the University of Connecticut via YouTube

The University of Connecticut class of 2024 acceptance letters were released a day early, on March 1 instead of Feb. 28. Photo courtesy of the University of Connecticut via YouTube

The incoming University of Connecticut class of 2024 received acceptance emails Friday, Feb. 28, a day earlier than planned.  

According to university admissions, an inadvertent email was sent Friday to admitted students providing congratulations and information to access their financial aid award. In order to prevent confusion, admissions opened the applicant portal Friday night and allowed prospective students to access their admission decisions.  

Although the information was released earlier than predicted, Stephanie Reitz, university spokesperson, said it didn’t affect the outcomes of accepted students. 

“Although the email went out a day earlier than we’d planned, it didn’t change the outcome for anyone,” Reitz said. “In fact, it delivered happy news earlier than expected for those admitted students, so — no harm, no foul.”  

Claire Manger, a senior from Hamden Hall Country Day School in Hamden, Connecticut, said she was perplexed to receive her UConn acceptance email at 9:37 p.m. Friday.  

“I was surprised for sure considering most places I’ve heard from were like 5 to 6 p.m. and I was expecting to hear [from UConn] after March 1, so it was definitely shocking to hear,” Manger said.  

Manger said that she was still happy to read that she got accepted to her mother’s alma mater, even if it was at a weird hour.  

“I was definitely surprised, but it was a good surprise,” she said.  

Rachel Philipson is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at rachel.philipson@uconn.edu.