Feel Good Wednesday

0
2

UConn’s Karts for Coins is hosting virtual Mario Kart tournament on Saturday, April 4 at 7 p.m. This event is open to all students and proceeds wills go to UConn Health.  Photo via    thenextweb.com

UConn’s Karts for Coins is hosting virtual Mario Kart tournament on Saturday, April 4 at 7 p.m. This event is open to all students and proceeds wills go to UConn Health. Photo via thenextweb.com

UConn organization Karts for Coins, is hosting an online Mario Kart tournament on Saturday, April 4 at 7 p.m. that is open to all students. 

To enter the tournament, students can send $5 to the Venmo account @KartsforCoins and include a Switch device name in the description to receive a tournament code. All proceeds raised for the tournament will go to UConn Health for medical supplies.

Christina Budzinski, a tenth semester biology major and founder of Karts for Coins, said the goal is to reduce stress while raising money for UConn Health. 

“Dr. Remiszewski, a current resident of the UConn School of Dental Medicine, talked about how UConn will most likely, if not already, start running out of essential medical supplies like gloves and masks,” Budzinski said. “My mother is a nurse at UConn Health Center as well and has told me it is a stressful environment over there. I think raising money to help UConn in any way that we can would greatly reduce the stress of COVID-19 as the workers battle the outbreaks.”

The tournament will consist of eight races, and the person with the highest score will win and be sent $20 on Venmo. 

“There is no limit to the amount of people that can join, you just need to have a Nintendo Online account, but I know they are offering a free 7-day trial,” Budzinski said. “Perhaps life is a bit slower right now and I thought this was a great way to safely raise money.”

For students who don’t participate, but want to make a donation can do so on the Gofundme created to support UConn Health.

Naiela Suleiman is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at naiela.suleiman@uconn.edu.