Hillary Clinton is ruining it for Democrats

FILE - In this Oct. 2, 2018, file photo, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton talks with Jeffrey Goldberg, editor in chief of The Atlantic, during The Atlantic Festival, in Washington. Clinton was seemingly unharmed when the Secret Service vehicle she was riding in was involved in a crash. The former secretary of state and first lady was headed to a fundraiser for Democratic U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey in Jersey City on Tuesday, Oct. 16. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, File)

With only a few weeks remaining before the midterm elections, Democrats are hoping to retake the majority in Congress. Since losing the presidential election two years ago, the party has undergone a slight rebuild, trimming the fat and adding some new pieces. Still, one thing is holding them back and will prove terminal if they don’t pull the plug fast: HRC.

Hillary Clinton is the worst candidate a party has ever presented in good faith to the American people. Her entire political career is marred with scandal, lies and hypocrisy. Can the same be said for President Trump? Absolutely, but history is written by the winners. All in all, Democrats thought they had a champion. Not quite.

Since her defeat, Hillary Clinton has done absolutely nothing but skulk and stew in the desolation of her own miserable defeat, pandering for pats on the back and sympathy from her loyal supporters. She wrote a book about why the loss wasn’t actually her fault and booked speaking engagements in foreign countries.

For a supposed leader, Mrs. Clinton has done an astonishingly small amount of self-reflection.

When her husband was accused of rape while running for governor in the ‘80s, Mrs. Clinton told private investigator Ivan Duda, “I want you to get rid of all these b****** he’s seeing . . . I want you to give me the names and addresses and phone numbers, and we can get them under control.”

When Bill was again accused of rape during his 1992 presidential bid, she further solidified herself as a feminist leader when she clamored of her husband’s accusers, “[T]hese women are trash. Nobody’s going to believe them.”

Despite her faults, Democrats backed her candidacy to the bitter end. You would think that she would return the favor by aiding Democrats in their quest to win the midterms, but Mrs. Clinton cannot let go of the past. Her narcissistic obsession with the forgone is damaging beyond repair.

Following the loss, Mrs. Clinton hopped on a plane to India where she dissected her election misfortunes.

She proclaimed, “I won the places that are optimistic, diverse, dynamic, moving forward,” adding “[Trump voters] don’t like black people getting rights, you don’t like women getting jobs, you don’t want to see that Indian American succeeding more than you are.”

Yet, under President Trump, black and female unemployment has reached historic lows.

Some Democrats were quick to denounce Clinton’s vitriol.

Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) said, “I just think that that’s not helpful.”

A former Obama aid said, “[w]e need leaders like her to look forward to 2020 and how to unify the party, not continue to re-litigate the past.”

Others weren’t so smart.

“If Republicans think that Hillary Clinton’s comments in India are going to help them win in November, they’re more desperate than I thought. I think this will have precisely zero effect,” said a senior Democratic Senate strategist.

This wouldn’t be the first time the left underestimated Republicans. If you want to keep poking the bear, be my guest.

Recently, she claimed that her husband’s sexual misconduct with a White House intern was “absolutely not” an abuse of power on the basis that Monica Lewinski “was an adult.”

Clinton deflected, "Where's the investigation of the current incumbent [Trump], against whom numerous [sexual assault] allegations have been made, and which he dismisses, denies, and ridicules?” I guess she believes those women.

After Democrats’ disgraceful handling of the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation ended in failure for the left, Mrs. Clinton reasoned, “You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for,” adding that “civility can start again” only after Democrats take back the majority in Congress. They should be so lucky.

This woman is obliterating her party’s chances to overcome an incredibly successful Republican administration propelled by a mobilized base, chomping at the bit to again conquer Hillary Clinton, otherwise known as the “ultimate boogeyman” to conservatives, according to The New York Time’s Michelle Cottle.

Cottle writes that Clinton’s “media tear the past few weeks,” has made it “clear that someone needs to perform an intervention before she further complicates life for her fellow Democrats.” Too late.

“Democrats don't want her to campaign for them because everywhere she goes she carries this stench of death,” complained a senior Democratic strategist.

Mrs. Clinton’s malignant comments, particularly regarding the “basket of deplorables” that spared this country her agenda, are detrimental to her colleagues’ chances of a fruitful November. Her venomous spite spews gasoline on a blazing fire already lit under GOP voters and deflects from the positives that her party stands for.

She refuses to go away. Democrats can either denounce her for good or roll the dice again.

Your choice, folks.

Kevin Catapano is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at kevin.catapano@uconn.edu