Five fantasy stars of Week 4

Chicago Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky (10) celebrates after an NFL football game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Sunday, Sept. 30, 2018, in Chicago. The Bears won 48-10. (AP Photo/David Banks)

Quarterback Mitchell Trubisky, Chicago Bears: 43 points standard, 43.5 points PPR

Trubisky was on another planet Sunday when he and the Bears completely carved up the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and made Fitzmagic disappear. Trubisky threw for 354 yards and SIX touchdowns, becoming the second quarterback to do that this season along with Patrick Mahomes. He did all this on just 19/26 passing, the third-lowest number of attempts for all starting quarterbacks.

This is obviously not going to happen every week. It most likely will not happen again this season. Honestly, Trubisky is not even worth starting on a regular basis. In his previous three games, he has been lackluster, throwing for just 591 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions. The Bears play the Dolphins next week, and while he could have a good game, his track record suggests that he will probably return to mediocrity. He’s a fine low-end backup, and nothing more.

Quarterback Jared Goff, Los Angeles Rams: 38 points standard, 39.3 points PPR

Goff has had a great start to the season, and his most recent performance on Thursday night was the best one yet. Goff dismantled the Vikings, going 26/33 for 465 yards and five touchdowns en route to a 38-31 victory, pushing the Rams to 4-0. He was so good, he even achieved a perfect passer rating of 158.3. Goff has been the unquestioned leader of this Rams team, putting up the most yards per game (468.5) and second-most points per game (35), behind only the Kansas City Chiefs.

Goff has one of the best receiving corps in the league to throw to in Brandin Cooks, Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods, and the opposing defense’s heavy focus on running back Todd Gurley II often opens up plenty of opportunities for Goff. Gurley is also a talented receiver and is currently third out of all running backs in receiving yards and tied for third in touchdowns. Goff has proven he is an extremely capable NFL QB, and the copious amount of talent around him makes him a good start almost every week.

Honorable Mentions: Andrew Luck, Kirk Cousins

Running Back Alvin Kamara, New Orleans Saints: 35 points standard, 41.1 points PPR

Guess who’s back, back again. Yes, Kamara is back on this list for the third time in the first four weeks. For reference, no other running back has been on it twice. His victim this time was the New York Giants, who Kamara burned for 134 yards and three touchdowns on just 19 carries. He also only caught five passes for 47 yards, which is fine because that’s essentially his baseline. Throughout the season, you can count on him getting at least that and usually more.

Alvin Kamara is simply a cheat code. When he’s on the field, he’s essentially Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson: unstoppable. Even with Mark Ingram coming back next week, Kamara is still a must-start and a good bet to be a top-five running back any given week. If you were one of the many who drafted Kamara as the fifth or sixth RB in most drafts, congratulations, you got a steal. Unquestionably, he has unquestionably been the best back in the NFL this season and has no issues as of right now to slow him down.

Running Back Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas Cowboys: 29 points standard, 34 points PPR

Zeke has had an up and down season so far, largely due to the deficiencies of the rest of the Cowboys’ offense. Well, he finally got back to the beast we all know and love Week 4, rushing 25 times for 152 yards. He also had a large presence in the passing game, catching four passes for 88 yards and a touchdown.

Elliott is the epitome of a workhorse. He’s leading the league in rushing with 426 yards through the first four games and is essentially a lock for at least 15-20 carries a game. Seeing as he is the focal point of the Dallas offense, Elliott should be a safe bet for starting-caliber fantasy production against any opponent. The Cowboys travel to Houston to take on the Texans next week, and even though their defense has the likes of J.J. Watt and Jadeveon Clowney, he should be fine.

Honorable Mentions: James White, Melvin Gordon

Wide Receiver Cooper Kupp, Los Angeles Rams: 28 points standard, 37.2 points PPR

Aside from Goff, Kupp was the biggest beneficiary of the Rams-Vikings shootout on Thursday Night Football. Everything went right for him, catching nine passes for 162 yards and two touchdowns. He was the most targeted receiver on the Rams with 11, and the connection between him and Goff was on full display.

Kupp has had at least 50 receiving yards each game this season and caught a touchdown in three of them. The Rams offense is just so high-powered that Kupp should be worth a start each week. While he will not regularly put up WR1 numbers, he will probably hover around mid-tier WR2 numbers, with the occasional WR1 game like this week. Next week, the Rams play the Seahawks, who just lost Earl Thomas, so he is an easy start.

Honorable Mentions: Golden Tate, DeAndre Hopkins

Jorge Eckardt is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at jorge.eckardt@uconn.edu.