Top Husky performances of the weekend

Katie Lou Samuelson brings the ball up the court during a game against Ohio State on Sunday, Nov. 11 at Gampel Pavilion. (Judah Shingleton, Staff Photographer/The Daily Campus)

Tarin Smith (Men’s Basketball): In UConn’s 94-66 win over UMKC, the fifth-year player was electric in 19 minutes of play off the bench. He provided a spark in Dan Hurley’s second unit by going 10-of-12 with a game-high 22 points as well as five boards and two assists.

Katie Lou Samuelson (Women’s Basketball): In the season opener against Ohio State, Samuelson led the Huskies to an 85-53 win by dropping 19 points on 5-of-12 shooting with seven rebounds, five assists, three steals and a block. The Huntington Beach, California, native was added to the 2019 Women’s Citizen Naismith Trophy watchlist alongside teammates Napheesa Collier and Crystal Dangerfield this week.

Catherine Crawley (Women’s Ice Hockey): Despite coming off the bench the junior assisted both goals in the second period before adding one of her own to help ice the game in a 4-1 win over Maine. Crawley leads the team in total points with 13, as she has five goals and eight assists on the year.

Cheyenne Sprecher (Field Hockey): Playing No. 10 Syracuse, Sprecher was rock-solid in the net for the Huskies as she picked up four saves en route to her fourth shutout of the season in the 3-0 win. A redshirt freshman, the goaltender started every game this season for the No. 5 ranked Huskies, who were eliminated by Maryland on Sunday.

Caylee Parker (Volleyball): With an impressive performance of 21 points, 18 kills and 14 digs in a 3-2 loss to Tulane, the freshman outside hitter earned her third AAC Weekly Honor Roll nomination this week.

David Pindell (Football): The senior play-caller was impressive in a 62-50 loss to SMU as he completed 25-38 passes and threw for 215 yards with four touchdowns and one pick. He was running all over the place as he completed his passing game with 181 ground yards and two more scores. With this loss to SMU, the Huskies have a record of 1-9 and are 0-6 in conference play.

Mike Mavredakis is a campus correspondent for the Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at michael.quinn-mavredakis@uconn.edu.