Bookstore to host Grad Fair on March 28 and 29

The Grad Fair will take place on the second level of the bookstore. (File/The Daily Campus)

The University of Connecticut bookstore will be preparing seniors for graduation at its annual Grad Fair on March 28 and 29.

The Grad Fair will take place on the second level of the bookstore. Seniors who attend can purchase a cap and gown, pick up commencement tickets and order a class ring, according to a bookstore email.

“The Grad Fair is an annual event that we host in conjunction with the Commencement Department and Alumni Association,” UConn Bookstore Group General Manager Len Oser said. “It has been held for many, many years.”

Oser said the event will include vendors for diploma frames, class rings, giveaways and contests.

“The alumni association will be giving away Dairy Barn vouchers and (more, just for) fun,” Oser said.

Oser said the Grad Fair kicks off the beginning of the time to purchase graduation regalia, which can also be purchased either on the bookstore website or at the bookstore. Regalia that is purchased online will be shipped directly to students and a $15.95 fee will be charged, according to the bookstore website.

If students choose to purchase regalia online, they must order it by April 20 to receive it by commencement, which will take place on Saturday, May 5 and Sunday, May 6.

“Grads can purchase regalia and get commencement tickets almost up until the day of graduation,” Oser said.

Gabriella DeBenedictis is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at gabriella.debenedictis@uconn.edu.