UConn Foundation seeking Student-Director

The UConn Foundation is not accepting applications for a new student-director. (Eric Wang/The Daily Campus)

The UConn Foundation is now accepting applications for a new student-director, according to UConn Daily Digest. Intent to Run forms can be found on the UConn vote website and are due at noon on Feb. 8, according to the UConn website.

The role entails working with UConn graduates in fields such as business, law, engineering and medicine. It would allow the student to gain experience while working on their professional network and developing relationships with members of the board.

Required tasks include working with UConn Foundation directors and staff to help with UConn fundraising and alumni engagement efforts, informing the student body of the happenings of the Foundation and educating students on the importance of remaining engaged with UConn as they become alumni.

The Student Director is also responsible for meeting with distinguished guest speakers and visitors, working closely with UConn Administration and attending UConn and UConn Foundation events and activities throughout the year as a student body representative.

The Student-Director Position is intended for a student who would like to act as a representative of the student body as an active member of the UConn Foundation’s Board of Directors.

This role also requires that the student-director mentor their successor in the role on the responsibilities required and UConn Foundation functions, initiatives and activities.

For more information on this position, contact Judy Smith (jsmith@foundation.uconn.edu) or current Student-Director Tony Patelunas at anthony.patelunas@uconn.edu.

EllieAnn Lesko is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can reached via email at ellieann.lesko@uconn.edu.