Tuesday, May 11, 2021

How to get involved

The Daily Campus provides a number of ways for UConn students to get involved. We have five content production sections (news, life, opinion and sports) which any student can join simply by attending a meeting or getting in contact with an editor. The meeting schedule for fall semester 2021 is below. If you're not interested in writing or photography, you can join our production staff. They're the people responsible for putting our content into the print paper and website. Students can also participate in the business side of the paper as a receptionist, delivery driver, and more. All paid opportunities are listed below.

Section Meetings

Meeting Schedule

• News: 6 PM
  • Opinion: 6 PM
  • Life: 7 PM
  • Sports: 8 PM
  • Photo: 10 PM

For the fall 2021 semester, meetings for each section will take place in The Daily Campus building (located between Buckley Residence Hall and Moe's).

Paid opportunities

The Daily Campus has several paid positions available for students. Hiring generally occurs between semesters. In addition to positions listed below, students have the opportunity to be promoted to staff within our content production sections.

Print Production

Copy Editing

Copy editors are responsible for working evening shifts to check articles for spelling and grammar errors. This position will begin in the fall 2021 semester. The job posting can be found here. Contact managingeditor@dailycampus.com with questions. 

Design

Designers are responsible for working evening shifts to design the print layout of the paper in InDesign. This position will begin in the fall 2021 semester. The job posting can be found here. Contact managingeditor@dailycampus.com with questions. 

Web Production

Digital Production

Digital producers are responsible for working two evening shifts per week to upload articles to the website. This position will begin in the fall 2021 semester. The job posting can be found here. Contact digital@dailycampus.com with questions. 

Photo Production

Photo producers are responsible for editing and maintaining the Daily Campus photo archives. This position will begin in the fall 2021 semester. The job posting can be found here. Contact photo@dailycampus.com with questions. 

Comics

Interested in creating comings or illustrations for The Daily Campus? Contact managingeditor@dailycampus.com for more information. 

ONLINE MEETINGS

Click the links below to join the virtual meetings

NEWS

5pm on Sundays
Cover events happening on campus, report on administrative decisions and policies, work on investigative pieces and more. For more information, contact news editor Taylor Harton.

LIFE

6pm on Sundays
Cover on campus events by various student groups, attend lectures given by various departments, report on the happenings of student life and get a chance to write about arts and entertainment. For more information, contact life editor Hollie Lao.

SPORTS

7pm on Sundays
Cover the various athletic teams at UConn, get a chance to talk to athletes and coaches, and have an opportunity to also write about professional sports. For more information, contact sports editor Danny Barletta.

OPINION

5pm on Sundays
Opinion – Write op-eds on politics, foreign affairs, business, social issues and other events happening locally, nationally or internationally. For more information, contact opinion editor Harrison Raskin.

PHOTO

9pm on Sundays
Work with our photography department to get pictures of lectures, events, sporting events and everyday life at UConn. You can use your own equipment or use The Daily Campus’ cameras and lenses. For more information, contact photo/video editor Kevin Lindstrom.

VIDEO

7pm on Sundays
Get hands-on experience in filming and editing to create exclusive content. You can use your own equipment or use The Daily Campus’ cameras and lenses. For more information, contact photo/video editor Kevin Lindstrom.