Thursday, August 5, 2021

How to get involved

The Daily Campus provides a number of ways for UConn students to get involved. We have five content production sections (news, life, opinion and sports) which any student can join simply by attending a meeting or getting in contact with an editor. The meeting schedule for fall semester 2021 is below. If you're not interested in writing or photography, you can join our production staff. They're the people responsible for putting our content into the print paper and website. Students can also participate in the business side of the paper as a receptionist, delivery driver, and more. All paid opportunities are listed below.

Section Meetings

Meeting Schedule

• News: 6 PM
  • Opinion: 6 PM
  • Life: 7 PM
  • Sports: 8 PM
  • Photo: 10 PM

For the fall 2021 semester, meetings for each section will take place in The Daily Campus building (located between Buckley Residence Hall and Moe's).

Paid opportunities

The Daily Campus has several paid positions available for students. Hiring generally occurs between semesters. In addition to positions listed below, students have the opportunity to be promoted to staff within our content production sections.

Print Production

Layout Designers Designers are responsible for working evening shifts to design the print layout of the paper in InDesign. This position will begin in the fall 2021 semester. The job posting can be found here. To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript to managingeditor@dailycampus.com Contact managingeditor@dailycampus.com with questions. 

Web Production

Digital Producers Digital producers are responsible for working two evening shifts per week to upload articles to the website. This position will begin in the fall 2021 semester. The job posting can be seen here. To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript to digital@dailycampus.com. Contact digital@dailycampus.com with questions. 

Photo Producers Photo producers are responsible for editing and maintaining the Daily Campus photo archives. This position will begin in the fall 2021 semester. To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and transcript to photo@dailycampus.com. Contact photo@dailycampus.com with questions. 

Leadership

Social Media and Outreach Coordinator The social media and outreach coordinator manages the Daily Campus’s online presence via social media. The SMOC is also responsible for assisting in recruitment for The Daily Campus. This position will begin in the fall 2021 semester. To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript to eic@dailycampus.com. Contact eic@dailycampus.com with questions. 

Advertising Director The advertising director coordinates external advertisements in The Daily Campus newspaper and website. This position will begin in the fall 2021 semester. To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript to eic@dailycampus.com. Contact eic@dailycampus.com with questions.

Circulation Director The circulation director leads the daily distribution of papers across campus. This position will begin in the fall 2021 semester. To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript to eic@dailycampus.com. Contact eic@dailycampus.com with questions. 

Operations

Delivery Drivers

Delivery drivers are responsible for delivering the Daily Campus to various spots at UConn Storrs each morning. This position will begin in the fall 2021 semester. To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript to businessmanager@dailycampus.com Contact businessmanager@dailycampus.com with questions. 

Receptionists

Receptionists manage the physical Daily Campus building during the daytime. This entails checking the mail, answering the phones, and assisting with the general operations of the paper. This position will begin in the fall 2021 semester. The job description for this position can be seen here. Contact businessmanager@dailycampus.com with questions. 

Comics

Interested in creating comings or illustrations for The Daily Campus? Contact managingeditor@dailycampus.com for more information.