Thursday, October 28, 2021

How to get involved

The Daily Campus provides a number of ways for UConn students to get involved. We have five content production sections (news, life, opinion and sports) which any student can join simply by attending a meeting or getting in contact with an editor. The meeting schedule for fall semester 2021 is below. If you're not interested in writing or photography, you can join our production staff. They're the people responsible for putting our content into the print paper and website. Students can also participate in the business side of the paper as a receptionist, delivery driver, and more. All paid opportunities are listed below.

Section Meetings

For the fall 2021 semester, meetings for each section will take place in The Daily Campus building (located between Buckley Residence Hall and Moe's). Each in-person meeting will also have an online option which will occur at the same time.

Opinion

5 PM

Zoom link

Meeting ID: 454 330 4941

Passcode: 6rf6tC

Life

7 PM

Zoom link

Meeting ID: 873 895 6487

Passcode: 163780

News

6 PM

Zoom link

Meeting ID: 707 589 2000

Passcode: jpPc8B

Sports

8 PM

Zoom link

Meeting ID: 827 7790 1658

Passcode: 64Mvnj

Paid opportunities

The Daily Campus has several paid positions available for students. Hiring generally occurs between semesters. In addition to positions listed below, students have the opportunity to be promoted to staff within our content production sections.

Comics

Interested in creating comings or illustrations for The Daily Campus? Contact managingeditor@dailycampus.com for more information. 

Staff

Staff writing, photography, and videography positions are available for returning members of The Daily Campus. Requirements vary by section. Reach out to individual editors for more information.