Tuesday, August 3, 2021

OPINION PIECES

HOW TO SUBMIT

Opinion pieces are arguments from UConn undergraduate students. To pitch an article, please attend the opinion section meeting at 5pm on Sunday here. Please come with an idea and a day you would like to write in the upcoming week.

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

HOW TO SUBMIT

Letters to the Editor are written by members of the community who are not undergraduate or graduate students. The Daily Campus is student-run and exists primarily to give a platform to the students at UConn. When non-students have an important message they wish to share with the community, we encourage them to write Letters to the Editor.

To have a letter printed in The Daily Campus, please follow the guidelines listed below:

• Limit your letter to 400 words.
  • Letters must be submitted by 4 p.m. the day prior to when you would like it to run. The Daily Campus cannot guarantee publication if it is submitted past the deadline.
  • Letters must be emailed to eic@dailycampus.com.
  • Include your full name as well as your year and major, year of graduation or position on campus. If you are not affiliated with the University of Connecticut, please include your town of residence.
  • Include a phone number and email address where you can be reached. This is for verification purposes only and will not be printed.

OP-EDS

HOW TO SUBMIT

Op-Eds in our section represent a perspective an undergraduate or graduate student wants to advance to the community on behalf of an organization, group or identity. Typically, Op-Eds are not written by regular authors to the section who instead would simply write an opinion piece. For example, the president of a student organization may write a call to action from the student body, or a member of the graduate student union may write something explaining the perspective of graduate workers at UConn in relevance to current events.

To have an Op-Ed printed in The Daily Campus, please follow the guidelines below:

• Limit your letter to 400 words.

CULTURE SHOCK

HOW TO SUBMIT

If you have been a witness to or victim of derogatory comments or incidents, we strongly encourage you to report it to through UConn’s bias incident protocol or to the UConn Police Department.

• Entries can take many forms, such as written columns, artwork or poetry. If you do write something, try to keep it between 400-500 words. Please submit pieces here and email any artwork to opinion@dailycampus.com. Feel free to reach out to opinion@dailycampus.com with any questions.
  • This column is not a call-out space — it is an anonymous forum for UConn students to share their experiences on campus. Any identifying information — such as names or apartment numbers — will be edited out.
  • We will do our best to publish all articles that are submitted within a week, but we do retain the right to send articles back for edits if they do not meet our editorial standards of professionalism and respect.
  • We only ask for your name and email address to confirm that you are a UConn student. Your personal information will not be shared in any way, shape or form.
  •