HomeNewsWingstop brings more dining options to Storrs

Wingstop brings more dining options to Storrs

There are two other Wingstop locations in Connecticut, in Hartford and Vernon, and in 37 other states across the country. (Amar Batra/The Daily Campus)

Students gained even more options for their late-night chicken needs when Wingstop opened its doors this summer in Storrs Center.

The restaurant offers boneless and classic wings, with a choice of four seasonings and a variety of sides, all made-to-order.

Manager Stephanie Lesight said business has been booming, but is more of a “late night business” with the restaurant often staying busy until closing time, 11 p.m. most nights.

The restaurant is often compared to Storrs’ other popular chicken wing restaurant, Wings Over, Lesight said. She said Wingstop differentiates itself by not being a delivery-centered business and focusing on customers looking to go out to eat.

“We have a better ‘come in and eat’ feeling,” Lesight said. “There’s a better atmosphere inside.”

Wingstop has big screen televisions that will be used to broadcast sporting events, Lesight said, and, unlike Wings Over, serves alcoholic beverages.

Lesight said the first week of classes saw an increase in business, especially during the move-in weekend. She said there were less customers over Labor Day weekend, possibly because more students left campus for the holiday.

Lesight takes this fast start as a good sign for the rest of the school year.

“Business will stay steady as people learn about us and think about us as a good hang-out spot,” she said.

There are two other Wingstop locations in Connecticut, in Hartford and Vernon, and in 37 other states across the country.

Nicholas Shigo is associate news editor for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at nicholas.shigo@uconn.edu.