Thursday, April 25, 2024
HomeLifeWhat’s happening this (long) weekend at UConn

What’s happening this (long) weekend at UConn

Students relax during sunset yoga on Horsebarn Hill on Sept. 4, 2015 (Erika Elechicon/The Daily Campus) 

Now that you’ve survived your first week, check out what’s happening this weekend at the University of Connecticut. Attend a soccer match, go to a swag party or do some yoga — there’s no classes on Monday, so you have plenty of time to explore!

Friday, September 2:

School of Business Information Session

1-2 p.m. School of Business Room 215

Interested in a major involving business? Check out the School of Business’ annual information session and have your questions answered. Learn about majors and career paths within the School of Business and start the application process. Open to all years and majors.

Logic Colloquium with Dan Lassiter

2-3:30 p.m. Monteith Building 419

Join Stamford professor of linguistics for a lecture on philosophy, methodology and logic. Hosted by the UConn Logic Group. Open to all.

Pride Swag Party

5:30-7:30 p.m. Rainbow Center, Student Union Room 403

Visit the Rainbow Center and enjoy an evening of games, conversation and making new friends. Celebrate your sexuality in a safe and supportive environment. All genders, orientations and sexualities are welcome. This week’s theme is ‘Pride Swag Party’.

Sunset Yoga on Horsebarn Hill

6:45-8 p.m. on Horsebarn Hill

De-stress from your first week with an all-inclusive yoga lesson on Horsebarn Hill. Relax to music provided by the UConn String Quartet and maintain your mental health through mindfulness. Shuttles leave from the UConn Bookstore at 5:45. This event is free to attend, but please provide your own yoga mat or towel and dress appropriately. Open to all levels of skill. Hosted by UConn Counseling and Mental Health Services.

Saturday, September 3:

UConn Marching Band Preview Show

8-9 p.m. Sherman Family Complex

The UConn March Band performs during last year’s marching band preview show on Sept. 6, 2015. (Jason Jiang/The Daily Campus)

Watch the UConn Marching Band’s hard work of the past summer as they play for the general public. This show is a preview of the UConn football game’s performances. Free and open to all.

Monday, September 5 (Labor Day):

Interfraternity Council First Night

Student Union Ballroom 7-8:30 p.m.

UConn’s kickoff event for fraternity recruitment and participation. Meet members of various fraternities and explore your options in Greek life. Ask questions and learn about the opportunities available as you talk to fraternity brothers. Open and free to all students.   

Marlese Lessing is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at marlese.lessing@uconn.edu.