Wednesday, April 24, 2024
HomeNewsSpring Concert refunds to be mailed as prepaid debit cards

Spring Concert refunds to be mailed as prepaid debit cards

SUBOG's Spring concert is canceled after Lil Uzi Vert's flight to Connecticut got canceled due to weather. The concert will not be rescheduled.  (Amar Batra/The Daily Campus)

SUBOG’s Spring concert is canceled after Lil Uzi Vert’s flight to Connecticut got canceled due to weather. The concert will not be rescheduled.  (Amar Batra/The Daily Campus)

On Wednesday, April 12, University of Connecticut students can begin acquiring their refund for the cancelled Lil Uzi Vert spring concert.

The refund process begins with an online form. Once that is completed, students must bring their physical printed tickets to the Student Activities Programs Office. An acknowledgment form must be signed to confirm the surrender of the tickets and the amount of the refund.

After that, all refunds will be mailed to the address given in the online form in the form of prepaid debit cards.

Refunds will be issued in the same format in which the tickets were sold. Therefore, only UConn students will be able to secure a refund. For the floor tickets, no more than two will be available for refund. No more than four upper and lower level tickets can be refunded. The number of guest tickets cannot outnumber student tickets.

Lil Uzi was not paid in advance, Student Union Board of Governors President Marissa Carbone said. However, the money will not be put toward another event.

“There were still many other costs that went into the concert that we had to pay for,” Carbone said. “Although the artist, Lil Uzi Vert, will not be paid, we still had all the other costs. Seeing that we will be refunding for all the tickets sold, we will have no revenue from the concert.”

In SUBOG’s original cancellation announcement, they wrote, “Poor weather conditions prevented our headliner from being able to get to Connecticut for the show, leaving us no option but to cancel. These circumstances were beyond his control and ours, but we recognize that doesn’t make them any less frustrating.”

All information regarding the refund process is available on the subog.uconn.edu website. The Student Activities Programs Office will be open daily from Wednesday, April 12 through Friday, April 14 from 9 a.m. to 5 a.m.  The office will also be open from Monday, April 17 through Friday, April 21 from 9 a.m. to 5 a.m. daily.

“I was a little disappointed that it was canceled because it was my last spring concert and I’ve gone to each one since freshman year,” eighth-semester exercise science student Victoria Fainstein said.

Fainstein also added she would have preferred the money to go back in to her checking account.

Claire Galvin is a senior staff writer for The Daily Campus.   She can be reached via email at claire.galvin@uconn.edu.