Joint elections and graduate trustee election results are out

0
9

University of Connecticut Undergraduate Student Government (USG) election results are in and Ama Appiah and Wawa Gatheru won president and vice president, respectively, with 1,518 votes.

USG Chief Justice Andrew Stern provided the Daily Campus with the results and said that they should be uploaded on the USG website by tomorrow.

Priyanka Thakkar won comptroller with 814 votes. Comptroller candidate Richa Jain earned 525 votes and comptroller candidate Leyla Phanor earned 126 votes.

For the legislative candidates, Akshayaa Chittibabu won Multicultural and Diversity Senator with 912 votes, Bryant Caicedo won Academic Center for Exploratory Students Senator with 91 votes, Mansi Chapatwala won College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources Senator with 18 votes and Damon Reynolds won Business Senator with 113.

Additionally, Sawera Hussan won College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Senator with 467 votes, Susmitha Rayakota won Engineering Senator with 182 votes and Matthew McManus won Nursing Senator with 28 votes.

Samuel Surowitz, a history and public administration graduate student, won the election for graduate representative to the Board of Trustees.

“I am most excited about being able to represent graduate students because it’s very important,” Surowitz said. “I met with Vice Provost [Amy Donahue] last week to discuss some of my goals and ask her if she thought they were obtainable as a student trustee in my time frame and position and she felt that one of my most important goals [of public safety] is attainable as a Board of Trustee member.”

Lillian Whittaker is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at lillian.whittaker@uconn.edu.