Lacrosse: Huskies heading to Temple

0
11

The Huskies will take on Temple at 1 p.m. on Saturday in Philadelphia. (Nick Hampton/The Daily Campus)

The UConn lacrosse team will head to Philadelphia on Saturday to take on the Temple Owls.

The last time the two teams met was UConn’s final game of last year’s season. The Huskies won the game 19-15.

UConn has a 5-7 overall record and is 1-3 in the Big East. Temple has a 7-5 overall record and is 2-2 in the Big East.

Both teams are coming off tough losses; UConn lost narrowly to Villanova on Wednesday, and the Owls lost to No. 7 Florida 15-3 the same day.

The first player to watch for Temple is sophomore Maddie Gebert. Gebert was named the Under Armour OwlSports.com Athlete of the Month for March. Gerbert scored in every game in March for a total of 11 goals that month, including the game-winner in a 9-8 double-overtime victory against Cincinnati on March 24. Gebert also had eight ground balls, five draw controls and two caused-turnovers in March.

The other player to watch on Temple is Nicole Latgis. Latgis was a unanimous selection to the Pre-Season All-Big East Team. She was named to the Big East Lacrosse Weekly Honor Roll for the week of March 27.

The Owls are coached by former UConn lacrosse head coach Bonnie Rosen. Rosen started the UConn lacrosse program from scratch in 1997. This is her twelfth season as the head coach at Temple. Rosen was a 2010 Lacrosse Hall of Fame Inductee.

The Huskies will take on Temple at 1 p.m. on Saturday in Philadelphia.

Mariana Dominguez is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at mariana.dominguez@uconn.edu.