Office of University Compliance website created

0
1
exc-5ace9e9b70a6adc235578aeb

(Screenshot via compliance.uconn.edu

The University of Connecticut Office of University Compliance recently created a website that seeks to carry out the Office’s mission of promoting a University-wide culture of compliance and ethics.

According to the website, compliance.uconn.edu, the website and the office aim to help the UConn community maintain compliance and ethical standards.

“We support the University’s commitment to compliance and ethical conduct by providing educational training and resources, assisting decentralized compliance areas with monitoring efforts and by offering channels for individuals to ask questions and report concerns,” the website says.

The Office of University Compliance Interim Chief Compliance Officer, Kim Fearney, said information relating to the compliance program was moved to the new website after previously being on the Office of Audit, Compliance and Ethics (OACE) website.

“We were recently part of the reorganization of the Office of Audit, Compliance and Ethics,” Fearney said. “We created the new website specific to our office’s functions.”

On the website, members of the university community can file a compliance violation report through its Workplace Alert Program.

A matrix in the website allows users to find contacts if they need to submit a compliance concern relating to issues like Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity, Conflicts of Interest and Commitment, Environmental Health and Safety compliance.

The matrix lists key compliance units and describes what they do and how they can help with concerns, the website says. It can be sorted by compliance area or responsible office.

“A core component of our office is to partner with units across the University with compliance responsibilities,” the website says. “With so many different functions, it can be hard to know who to contact when you have a question or concern.”

The UConn Office is located at 28 Professional Park Road in Storrs and the UConn Health Office is located on the first floor of the Administrative Services Building at 263 Farmington Ave in Farmington. Contact information for the Office of University Compliance Employees can found on their website.

Gabriella DeBenedictis is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at gabriella.debenedictis@uconn.edu.