CTIWR promotes updates with photo contest for students

0
6

The CT IWR recently welcomed a new director, Dr. Michael Dietz. The institute is currently working toward expanding and becoming a larger part of the community (Judah Shingleton/The Daily Campus)

The Connecticut Institute of Water Resources is offering University of Connecticut students the opportunity to showcase their photography skills and win a $150 Amazon gift card with a water-themed photo contest. The contest is only open to UConn students and the deadline for submissions is Sept. 30, 2018, said program specialist Stacey Stearns in an email.

“The Connecticut Institute of Water Resources (CT IWR) is housed in the College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources and is part of a national network of 54 state water institutes created by the Federal Water Resources Research Act of 1964,” Stearns said. “The general purpose of the institutes is to promote research related to water resources and provide information transfer within each respective state or territory.”

Photo submissions must be nature themed. No beach or pool scenes are permitted. Photos are to be submitted at s.uconn.edu/ctiwrphoto

Winning submissions will be featured on the CT IWR Twitter and website, which has recently been updated and relaunched, Stearns said. The winner will be announced on Oct. 12, 2018.

Updates to the CT IWR website now allow members of the community to access pertinent information regarding water resources in Connecticut, Stearns said.

“The CT IWR website includes access to current streamflow conditions in Connecticut, the state drought monitor map, information about the state water plan, and the EPA Connecticut Water Quality Assessment,” Stearns said, “New features being incorporated into the website include resources for residents and a seminar series.”

The CT IWR recently welcomed a new director, Dr. Michael Dietz. The institute is currently working toward expanding and becoming a larger part of the community, according to an article by UConn Today.

Miranda Garcia is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at miranda.r.garcia@uconn.edu.