Women’s Basketball: 2018-19 Schedule released

0
4

The Huskies make records as they defeat the Red Flash 140-52 on March 17,2018 for the first round of the NCAA tournament. They will be hosting Quinnipiac on Monday, March 19, 2018 at 6:30 for the second round. (Photo by Charlotte Lao/The Daily Campus)

On Thursday the UConn Women’s basketball team announced their schedule for the approaching 2018-2019 season. The 29 game slate features 13 non-conference games and 16 American Athletic Contests.

The Husky will face eight teams that competed in the NCAA tournament last year, highlighted by Louisville, Baylor, and South Carolina. The game most fans will circle, a revenge game against Notre Dame who eliminated the Huskies in the 2018 Final Four, is Sunday Dec. 2 at Notre Dame in Purcell Pavilion on ESPN 4 p.m.

UConn will play at St. Louis on Tuesday Dec. 4 and at California Saturday Dec. 22nd in order for Napheesa Collier (O’Fallon, MO) and Katie Lou Samuelson (Huntington Beach, CA) their homecoming games.

Conference play opens on Sunday Jan. 6 at Houston and concludes at USF on Monday Mar. 4th. The game against the Bulls, typically UConn’s main challenger in conference play, will be an ESPN Big Monday game. When the Bulls come to Connecticut, it will be Sunday Jan. 13 in Gampel on ESPN.

The Huskies will play home-and-home games with Houston, Cincinnati, Temple, USF and UCF. They will play Tulane, Tulsa, SMU, Memphis and ECU only once.

The Huskies are used to television and this year will be no different. They will play 15 games on SNY/ESPN3, four games on ESPN, three games on ESPN2 and CBS Sports Network, and one apiece on Fox Sports One and the Pac-12 Network.

Their three games in the Paradise Jam have yet to be determined. That tournament takes place over Thanksgiving week with games from Nov. 22-24.

They will play five times on a Wednesday, four times on a Sunday, three times on a Saturday and one time each on a Monday and a Thursday.

The Huskies will also play two exhibitions. They will host the Southern Connecticut State Owls on Thursday Nov. 15 at the XL Center but the first time you can see them take the floor will be on Sunday Nov. 4t against Vanguard University.

Matt Barresi is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at matthew.barresi@uconn.edu.