54 F
Friday, April 26, 2024
HomeLifeRoundtable: Favorite Fall Activity

Roundtable: Favorite Fall Activity

A pumpkin bucket is displayed in the Halloween section called “Hyde and Eek” at a Target department store on Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2018, in Pembroke Pines, Fla. Discounters like Walmart and Target are expanding their costume offerings and creating designated sections where customers can find more of their Halloween needs in one place. (AP Photo/Brynn Anderson)

Melissa Scrivani, Associate Life Editor

Fall is by far my favorite season. I’m a little biased because my birthday is in October, but fall really is the best time of year. The leaves are beautiful, the weather is not too hot or too cold, the food is delicious, the holidays are great and fall clothes are the best clothes. Just picture yourself wrapped in a fuzzy blanket next to a lit fireplace with a warm cup of apple cider in hand. That’s fall. What’s not to love? As far as fall activities go, pumpkin picking and apple picking are great, but what sticks out most to me is hiking. It’s always been a family tradition of mine to hike during early October and look at all the beautiful foliage. Hiking is always fun, but there’s something about the colored leaves that makes it extra beautiful, not to mention the weather allows you to walk around without getting super sweaty. One place in particular my family always loves going to is Kent Falls State Park in Kent, CT. There are beautiful mini waterfalls everywhere and a really cute covered bridge, and with the changed leaves it’s like the perfect New England fall setting. That plus some warm apple cider donuts afterwards is like the perfect fall day in my eyes.

Stephanie Santillo, Staff Writer

My favorite fall activity is honestly just taking a walk, and that’s because taking a walk in the fall lets you appreciate the beauty of nature. When walking in the fall, you get to see all of the colorful leaves painting the trees and dotting the sidewalks. A cool breeze ruffles your hair as you pass from class to class. Chipmunks and squirrels dart across your path on their way to their trees. The sun is lower on the horizon and shines golden in the evening (well, at least when it’s not cloudy or raining). Nature is all around you when you walk in the fall! Taking a walk is also relaxing yet energizing. The beauty of the campus in the fall brings peace to your mind, while the chill in the air pulls you into the present moment and wakes you up. Additionally, taking a walk provides a good break from studying. You can simply take a nice stroll to a cafe to indulge in a warm seasonal beverage. Fall is a time of change, so enjoy nature’s transformation by changing your view and going out for a walk!

Courtney Gavitt, Staff Writer

Fall is wholeheartedly my favorite season. I’m probably more than a little biased, mostly because of my birthday and the iconic holiday train that is Halloween and Thanksgiving (and the lead up to Christmas), but still. It’s glorious. It’s also beautifully ironic, because New England truly comes alive in the fall. The weather is gorgeous, the leaves are gorgeous, the fashion is gorgeous… everything is gorgeous. My favorite thing to do in the fall is dress up in a lovely fall outfit of leggings, combat boots and an oversized sweater, and then go get a warm drink with a friend (did someone say PSLs?) and walk around town, looking at the leaves. Nothing is better than a nice, crisp leaf crunching beneath your boot. And if it’s too cold, I love driving instead, because New England is full of those canopied roads that look stunning when the leaves start changing.

Alex Taylor, Staff Writer

In a not-so-stunning turn of events, fall is also my favorite season. Fall is the best season for so many reasons. It’s the perfect season for shorts and a sweatshirt which is the most comfortable outfit for walking around and enjoying the cool fall breeze and beautiful leaves as they change color. You can go outside without freezing or burning alive which I appreciate so much. Everything is so beautiful with the waning warm light and changing leaves create such great colors that the art major in me can’t get enough of. Fall is also full of new beginnings—the start of a new school year full of new people, experiences and opportunities. It’s a season dedicated to pressing the reset button for something better and it’s so cheesy but I love it. Also an apple cider donut is the Holy Grail of donuts; they’re warm and sugary without being overwhelming. I really can’t get enough of them. My favorite fall activities are probably sitting with a cup of tea, an apple cider donut and a good book or movie and just chilling with friends and family while I take this wonderful season in.