Road closures in Storrs Center Saturday

0
0
exc-5bd27447a4222fa1ffa19638

Quacco Road in Pooler to be closed for several months. (Photo by Briana Rivas)

There will be road closures and limited parking in Storrs Center Saturday, Oct. 27 because of the Mansfield Downtown Partnership’s Trick-or-Treating event.

Wilbur Cross Way from Elsie Marsh Way to Royce Circle, Royce Circle from Wilbur Cross Way to Dog Lane, Dog Lane from Storrs Road to Royce Circle and Bolton Road Ext. will all be closed from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., the press release said. On-street parking will also be limited during this time.

“Beginning at noon, there will be no on-street parking available on Dog Lane, Royce Circle, Bolton Road Ext. and Wilbur Cross Way,” a press release from the Mansfield Downtown Partnership said.

During the closure, the parking garage will be available for parking.

“The Downtown Storrs Parking Garage will be open all day on Saturday. Parking in the garage is free for the first two hours and $1 per hour thereafter, with a daily maximum charge of $8,” the press release said.

There is also normal on-street parking further away from the event available all day.

“Storrs Road will remain open at all times, along with the on-street parking there,” the press release said.

The closures come as part of a free trick-or-treating event for children in the Mansfield area.

Local businesses such as Blaze Pizza, Farmhouse Crepes, Geno’s Grille, Mooyah and Tea More Cafe are participating in the event, according to the town of Mansfield website.

Luke Hajdasz is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at luke.hajdasz@uconn.edu.