Radicalism poisons Democrats’ platform and cripples women’s march

0
0
exc-5bea352940ec9aa81e7617b3

In this Jan. 20, 2018 file photo, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of Calif, center, marches in the Women's March as they walk to the White House from the Lincoln Memorial in Washington. (Cliff Owen/AP)

In this Jan. 20, 2018 file photo, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of Calif, center, marches in the Women’s March as they walk to the White House from the Lincoln Memorial in Washington. (Cliff Owen/AP)

This past Tuesday, Democrats were wholeheartedly expecting to sweep through the midterm elections, regaining control of both houses in Congress and proving to America that the rise of President Trump was a mistake of epic proportions. Yet, Democrats came up short in the Senate with Republicans increasing their majority. Democrats fared better in the House, but failed to secure more than the average of thirty seats, more or less, that is historically forfeited by the incumbent party. All in all, the blue wave never made it to shore and the left needed a scapegoat. It found one, rest assured, and it’s pretty astonishing. Additionally, support for a major movement has crumbled, as the newly radicalized Democratic Party searches for far-left answers to a rightward-shifting nation.

Recently, the Democratic Party has migrated substantially to the left of the political spectrum, clearly under the impression that the formula for beating President Trump is unchecked radicalism. In doing so, the party has abandoned its moderate ideals and leaders in favor of those who fit the radicalized bill.

CNN’s Van Jones, who’s not racist at all, praised the Democratic Party for evolving into a wonderful “rainbow party” which has recently gotten “younger, browner and cooler.” Swap whiter for browner, and we’ve got a headline, folks.

If Van Jones is happy, then I’m happy. Unfortunately, though, many Democrats are not.

At this point in time, Democrats are without a clear favorite to challenge Trump in 2020, but they’ve certainly been trying to conceive one. The party’s rebuild has given birth to some prominent names, some of which include Robert “Beto” O’Rourke and Andrew Gillum, both of whom are radical leftists and both of whom suffered defeat on Tuesday. It’s evident that America and Floridians aren’t tempted by Gillum’s socialist calls for nationalized healthcare, the abolishment of ICE and corporate tax hikes. Texans, astonishingly, did not rally behind O’Rourke’s calls for abortion rights and strict gun control. This didn’t stop the left from dumping its moderates and shoving its radicals down the country’s gullet. When America regurgitated its unwanted advances, the party of tolerance pointed fingers instead of cleaning up the mess.

Mona Eltahawy, a feminist author, ridiculed white women as “foot-soldiers of the patriarchy” for voting Republican in Florida, Georgia and Texas.

“White women are a Republican constituency, and in many states they again voted as if [the] patriarchy would protect them,” claimed Jamil Smith, adding, “I am unsure when they [white women] will understand the damage that they do, and not just to themselves.” Some people never learn, man.

Heather Matarazzo tweeted, “What the f**k is wrong with you fellow white ladies???!!!!! May you choke to death on the white supremacist patriarchal c**k.” She’s on Tinder, if there’s any takers.

“Hey White Women. Get your shit together. We will keep having uncomfortable conversations because you are making life hard for everyone when you curl up at night with patriarchy to find your comfort,” tweeted Lizz Winstead.

Don’t worry, ladies and gentlemen. I know this is a bit confusing. It’s not actually misogynistic, because they’re Democrats.

The left has long subscribed to identity politics, detonating the intersectional explosive in the faces of those with whom they disagree. If black people don’t vote for Democrats, they’re betraying their race. If women vote for Trump, they’re betraying their gender. Few times in recent day have Democrats criticized those who are deserving, but finally, a few brave peacocks have stepped forth into the light.

Feminist leader Alyssa Milano refused to speak at the next Women’s March so long as Linda Sarsour and Tamika Mallory remain in leadership and fail to condemn perennial anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan. Debra Messing tweeted her support, writing “I stand with you @Alyssa_Milano.”

Farrakhan, who once tweeted, “I’m not an anti-Semite. I’m anti-Termite,” has continued rolling out the hits with his recent warning against “Satanic Jews” during a Chicago speech. Sarsour continues to attend Farrakhan’s events and support his twaddle, even blaming the Democratic Party’s support of Israel for its underwhelming midterms. Mallory referred to Farrakhan as the “GOAT [greatest of all time].”

Folks, I’ve been more than diligent in condemning President Trump when he says or does something stupid, as well as anyone else on the right. It’s time for the left to do the same for its worst actors. Women, and Americans as a whole, can vote for whoever they want because they’re individuals. The left’s embrace of radicalism and intersectional identity politics will continue to produce lackluster results for this reeling party. Time to change strategy.

Kevin Catapano is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at kevin.catapano@uconn.edu.