January 2019 Horoscopes

0
0

Here's what you need to know about your horoscope for the week. (CSky65/Flickr Creative Commons)

Here’s what you need to know about your horoscope for the week. (CSky65/Flickr Creative Commons)

As the first month of the new year comes to a close, resolutions are dying out and the sun finds itself new to Aquarius, where Mercury will join it on Thursday.

Aries (March 21- April 19): Your ruling planet is in your sign, which is good for you, but doesn’t necessarily help the people around you. If you find yourself becoming frustrated with them because they can’t share your energy right now, make sure you don’t let your aggressive side take it out on them.

Taurus (April 20 -May 20): Sudden change isn’t really your thing, and there’s going to be a lot of uncertainty in your life as you close out the month. You can’t control everything, and when you don’t know what to expect, it’s harder to be prepared. The uncertainty may be uncomfortable, but maybe this experience is preparing you for something yet to come.

Gemini (May 21 – June 20): Mercury is entering a fellow Air sign (Aquarius) just in time for the semester to begin. You can use the strong intellectual connection between your signs, strengthened by the planet of thought and communication, to work through the identity crisis you may face at the start of the semester.

Cancer (June 21 – July 22): Following the rare “super blood wolf moon” (a supermoon and lunar eclipse at the same time) on Sunday night, you may feel a little antsy. Eclipses are associated with transformation and change. You may not be facing werewolf level transformation, but be prepared for changes in your life.

Leo (July 23 – August 22): The sun is as far from your sign as possible right now, so it makes sense if the winter blues are getting you and all you want to do is roll into a ball under some blankets and hibernate. The best way to push through this is to surround yourself with other people who won’t let you spend the entire weekend watching Netflix and eating Pop-Tarts. Maybe hit up some Aquarius friends who are enjoying the sun’s attention.

Virgo (August 23 – September 22): As the month closes, people may be asking you to share more of yourself than you’re used to. You’ll have to make important choices about what you keep to yourself because it’s the right thing to do, and what you keep to yourself just because it’s easier.

Libra (September 23 – October 22): Whatever it is you’re complaining about, get over it. It will be much easier to move on once you stop wallowing in self-pity. Whether you’re going to face a big disappointment or a minor annoyance, complaining isn’t going to help you, so either find something that will, or move on.

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21): As everybody comes back after a month-long hiatus, no doubt everyone will have different stories about what did or didn’t go down over break. As a Scorpio, committed to the truth, it’s up to you to unearth the drama.

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21): With time away from many of the people you know, and Venus in your sign, you’ve had a lot of time to think, not only about yourself but about your relationships too. Let the planet of love guide you. As February approaches, this is a good time for you to take a chance in the romance department.

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19): Somebody new will be coming into your life soon, and whether you want them to or not, they’re going to shake up the status quo. This person could be either a blessing or a curse, but only you can determine which.

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18): Both the sun and Mercury will help you close out the month; while everybody else may be having a rough transition, you’ll be prepared. You can expect the sun to motivate you, while Mercury gives you the space of mind to actually be productive, leading to a smooth and successful month. If the other signs could choose, they’d be reading your horoscope this week.

Pisces (February 19 – March 20): In Michigan, you can get a license to hunt unicorns. As January comes to a close, you may be questioning everything you’ve done and everything you’re trying to do or trying to find meaning or purpose. Sometimes things seem pointless, but just remember, it could be worse. You could be hunting for unicorns in Michigan.

Alex Houdeshell is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at alexandra.houdeshell@uconn.edu.