Welcome to StormiWorld : How Kylie Jenner celebrated her daughter’s first birthday

0
20

Travis Scott, left, and Kylie Jenner arrive at the 61st annual Grammy Awards at the Staples Center on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019, in Los Angeles. (Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP)

It was an eventful and exciting few days in Kylie Jenner’s household this past weekend. Kylie hosted her daughter Stormi Webster’s first birthday party and, knowing the Kardashians, it was nothing shy of extravagant. It was INSANE.

Guests arrived to the venue only to be greeted by a giant blow up of Stormi’s face. The tongue, which was the entrance into the party, led guests into different rooms that each served a unique purpose. Each one was a new, exciting surprise. One room was called “Stormi’s Shop,” a party favor to guests in the form of Stormi-inspired merchandise for both adults and children. Other rooms resembled a forest full of greenery and butterflies, one was devoted to only bubbles and another was full of clouds, of course inspired by the name Stormi. Carnival rides and games were on display for guests to enjoy. Food holders, whether it be for soda, french fries or hamburgeres, were monogrammed with Stormi’s initials, and some were even Louis Vuitton-inspired. Practically every single thing that could be monogrammed, was. There even was a live performance of Baby Shark. Of course, “StormiWorld” was a reference to Travis Scott’s, Kylie Jenner’s baby daddy, most recent album “Astroworld.” “Astroworld” was easily one of the most anticipated and famous releases of all of 2018 and still continues to garner massive support and success.

Jenner explained she had the vision of the birthday party in a dream of hers. As soon as she woke up, she sketched every room on a piece of paper and celebrity event planner Mindy Weiss made her dream come true. “I had to go all out for my baby,” wrote Jenner on Instagram. It’s no surprise that Stormi’s birthday was over-the-top. The Kardashians are known for their extreme parties that have guest lists filled with the most prominent celebrities. Only a few short months ago, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West hosted the annual Kardashian Christmas party. There were sleds, real snow brought in and decorative lights filling every angle of the home.

An array of prominent guests attended the birthday party, including all of the Kardashian-Jenner clan. DJ Khaled even gifted Stormi her very first Chanel bag, obviously very fitting for the age of one. Stormi celebrated her birthday with a multi-tiered cake that featured a working carousel at the top. Of course, nothing less is expected when you are the daughter of the richest Kardashian-Jenner. Kylie Jenner is on her way to becoming the youngest self-made billionaire ever, with her current net worth reaching $900 million. If this is what Stormi’s first birthday looked like, who knows what her future celebrations have in store for us.

Jordana Castelli is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at jordana.castelli@uconn.edu.