HomeNewsBoard of Trustees to discuss Rec Center fee Wednesday

Board of Trustees to discuss Rec Center fee Wednesday

The UConn Board of Trustees meets in the Wilbur Cross Library to announce Thomas Katsouleas as the new President of UConn. Katsouleas, executive Vice President and provost at the University of Virginia, will replace current UConn President Susan Herbst. (Judah Shingleton/The Daily Campus)

The University of Connecticut Board of Trustees will be discussing the Recreation Center fee as part of the Fiscal Year 2020 fee schedule on Wednesday, Feb. 27, according to the board agenda. The board meeting will be at 9:30 a.m. in the Wilbur Cross North Reading Room, with an allowance for public commentary at the beginning.

The proposed Rec Center fee is $500 for undergraduates and $400 for graduate students.

The fee schedule up for approval includes increases to the General University Fee, Stamford campus housing fee increases and an increase to fees related to graduate academic programs, according to the agenda.

A fee increase town hall was held last week explaining the fees and their purpose, with only one student attending both sessions.

* Editor’s Note: A previous version of the story indicated that the Board of Trustees would be voting on the new Recreation Center fee in Wednesday’s meeting. The correction identifies that the board would be approving the entire Fiscal Year 2020 fee schedule. This does include the Rec Center fee, which was in fact approved in 2013 when the project was started.

Marlese Lessing is the news editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at marlese.lessing@uconn.edu. She tweets @marlese_lessing.