Melissa’s Menu: Roasted chickpea and avocado salad

0
0
exc-5c74a143a4222f1cdde74256

Roasted chickpea and avocado salad is easy to make and protein-packed. (tasty.co/screenshot)

When it comes to thinking of healthy foods, salad is probably the first that comes to mind. But when thinking of delicious foods, salad is probably the furthest from your mind. It doesn’t have to be this way. Believe it or not, salad can be healthy and taste good at the same time. The key is all the ingredients you choose to add. Lettuce itself is boring and sad, but adding flavorful veggies and protein can make such a difference. This week’s recipe is a protein-packed salad so good that you’ll want to eat it as its own meal: roasted chickpea and avocado salad. The chickpeas are seasoned to perfection and the creaminess from the avocado and lemony dressing gives the salad a very indulgent taste.

Ingredients
5 ounces of mixed greens
1 large cucumber, diced
10 ounces of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 avocado, diced
2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic salt
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice

1/2 teaspoon of salt

1/2 teaspoon of black pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, mix together the chickpeas, olive oil, paprika and garlic salt. Spread the chickpeas onto a baking sheet in one layer. Bake for around 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chickpeas are crisp. Dice the cucumber and add to a large bowl.
Toss in the mixed greens, cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, roasted chickpeas, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix until well combined. You can also add more protein such as grilled chicken or steak if desired. Divide between individual bowls and serve.