HomeSportsTop Husky Performances of the Weekend: Adams and Collier take UConn over...

Top Husky Performances of the Weekend: Adams and Collier take UConn over ECU

Napheesa Collier, Women’s Basketball:

UConn’s Jalen Adams leads team to a win in their final regular season game (Photo by Eric Wang/The Daily Campus)

Without the help of fellow senior Katie Lou Samuelson, Collier led the UConn women’s basketball team to victory against ECU 92-65 with a season-high 37 points. Collier also grabbed her 18th double-double with 13 rebounds, two blocks and two steals in 35 minutes. Then in an 81-45 drubbing of USF in the semifinal of The American Conference Tournament, Collier put up 23 points with 12 boards, two assists, two blocks and two steals. Collier was also named to the 15-player National Ballot for the 2019 John Wooden Award alongside Samuelson.

Jalen Adams, Men’s Basketball:

Coming off of a sprained MCL injury, Adams led the UConn men’s basketball team over ECU 82-73 in his last regular season game at UConn. Adams posted a double-double with 13 points and 12 assists. His 12 assists were the highest single-game total of any player in The American this season. He was named to the All-Conference Third Team Monday—his third straight year being named to an All-Conference team.

Pat Winkel, Baseball:

Freshman catcher Pat Winkel went 7-for-12 with two runs scored, a double and a walk over the weekend away at Texas State. The UConn baseball team grabbed a pair of wins in San Marcos. Winkel raised his batting average from .167 to .333 with this weekend’s production.

Susan Aneno, Women’s Track and Field:

The senior sprinter took on the 2019 NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships Friday and took home sixth place in the 800m dash. Her time of 2:05.86 gained her All-American recognition at the competition in Birmingham

Julieanne Bou, Women’s Tennis:

Freshman Julieanne Bou showed up in a 4-3 win over Temple for UConn women’s tennis. Bou notched a 6-2 doubles win with partner Gillian Perrotta over Temple’s Ruoyu Chen and Chunan Xiang. Bou then picked up the fourth and final point with a singles win over Stefaniya Surikova in three sets. With this win over Temple, UConn ended its three-match losing streak.

Mike Mavredakis is a campus correspondent for the Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at michael.quinn-mavredakis@uconn.edu.