Back To School On The Small Screen: What’s coming and leaving Netflix in September 

0
1
exc-5d64743324d579000145a2ed

We break down what’s coming and going on Netflix.  Photo by    John-Mark Smith    from    Pexels

We break down what’s coming and going on Netflix. Photo by John-Mark Smith from Pexels

As summer comes to a close, the days of beach trips and music festivals end. Soon enough, you’ll be lifting your backpack and getting back on that academic grind. Chances are, sooner or later, you’ll find yourself wanting to de-stress by laying in bed and watching hours of Netflix while procrastinating your homework. Let’s hope that what’s coming to Netflix in September is more entertaining than what’s leaving. Some of this month’s lineup includes cult classic “American Psycho” and the eighth season of FX’s award-winning series “American Horror Story.” 

Within the first week, Zack Snyder’s glorious action and fantasy film “300” and Peter Jackson’s epic fantasy-adventure films “Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers” and “Return of the King” will be brought back to the streaming service. The animated fantasy series and Netflix Original “Disenchantment” will have a part two on Sept. 20 and a second season coming through 2020 and 2021.  

For fans of family-friendly content, the animated film about the evil scientist’s hunchback “Igor” will be added on Sept. 1. “Dragons: Rescue Riders,” another addition to the “How to Train Your Dragon” franchise, will premiere on Sept. 27. There’s also going to be a couple of  animated series based off of books. Dreamworks’ “Archibald’s Next Big Thing,” based on the book by Tony Biaggne, will be released on Sept. 6, and “The Last Kids On Earth,” based off of Max Brallier’s series, will feature Mark Hamill, Rosario Dawson and Catherine O’Hara amongst its voice cast when it premieres on Sept. 17. 

Horror fans may be interested in the third season of “Scream: The TV Series” being added as soon as September rolls around. “The Last Exorcism” and the ninth season of “The Walking Dead” will also be released at the top of the month. 

Seth Rogen’s comedy “Superbad” will be out on Sept. 1 alongside Bill Murray’s war comedy “Stripes.” Comedian Bill Burr has his own Netflix Original special, titled “Bill Burr: Paper Tiger,” being released on Sept. 10. Famous ventriloquist Jeff Dunham will have his own Netflix Original special released on Sept. 24, titled “Jeff Dunham: Beside Himself.” 

As usual, all good things must come to an end. Some of the more popular titles leaving Netflix in September will be “A Clockwork Orange,” “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet St.” and “The Hangover.” 

With the release of Disney+ right around the corner, Netflix is removing quite a few Disney titles from their catalogue. Fan favorites like “Hercules” and “Mulan” will be removed on Sept. 1 while “Pocahontas,” “Lilo & Stitch” and “Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch” will be removed later in the month. 

The full list of what’s coming and leaving Netflix in September can be found at gamespot.com. 

Brandon Barzola is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at brandon.barzola@uconn.edu.