Apple Event 2019 showcases new tech coming later this month 

0
1
exc-5d79967709136e5b3be26d7a

On Sept. 20, the new releases from Apple will be officially available for purchase.  Photo by    Ben Kolde    on    Unsplash   .

On Sept. 20, the new releases from Apple will be officially available for purchase. Photo by Ben Kolde on Unsplash.

It seems that Apple has a tradition of releasing new iPhones every September. On Sept. 10, Apple presented its latest inventions: the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, seventh-generation iPad and Apple Watch Series 5, which will go on sale later this month. Tim Cook, the company’s chief executive officer, presented Apple’s latest releases in Cupertino, California.  

Apple releases can be overwhelming. The company is expert at surprising their customers with the next generation of technology and compelling people to wait in line to get their hands on new products. 

IPhones are known for having great camera quality, almost equivalent to high-end, high definition cameras. The iPhone 11 Pro boasts three front cameras and comes in two sizes and four finishes. According to the Apple website, the stainless steel triple-camera will allow users to “capture up to four times more scene [and] get beautiful images in drastically lower light.” The triple-camera includes an ultra-wide camera, a wide camera and a telephoto camera. Apple heavily advertises the new triple-camera along with features only available for the iPhone 11 Pro.  

Apple also reveals that the iPhone 11 Pro is “our most water-resistant iPhone ever.” Other features unrelated to the camera include longer battery life, increased speed in Face ID and spatial audio. Apple’s iPhone 11 is like the little sibling of the iPhone 11 Pro. This phone has two cameras with the same camera qualities and features. Unlike the iPhone 11 Pro, the iPhone 11 comes in six colors. Besides the camera, the new iPhones are the same.  

Not only did Apple release two iPhones, but they also debuted the seventh-generation iPad and Apple Watch Series 5. The newest iPad combines the power, capabilities and all the qualities found in a computer. The iPad has a 10.2-inch Retina display and comes with a full-size Smart Keyboard.  

Apple’s latest watches include the Series 5, Nike, Hermes and Edition watches. The Apple Watch Series 5 features an Always-On Retina display, an ECG app that reads heart rate and a new Noise app that alerts wearers of the noise level of their surroundings. The Nike, Hermes and Edition watches are catered to people who want to personalize the appearance of their Apple Watch. 

The hype is definitely around the iPhone 11 Pro because of its camera. Most people upgrade iPhones every year because the camera gets better. It is already creating a buzz on the internet with many memes shared on social media. Twitter users compared the triple-camera to a stovetop. People on social media also compared the appearance of the iPhone camera to the tapiocas in bubble tea.  

“As someone who is always looking at what Apple is offering next, I saw that the iPhone 11 is worth the buy,” third semester HDFS major Jerrymar Torres said. “Not only is it faster, battery-lasting, and contains a stronger glass quality; it’s cheaper than any other iPhone release.” Torres also believes the triple-camera isn’t necessary, but plans on purchasing the iPhone 11 later this month. 

Unfortunately, Apple lovers will have to wait until Sept. 20 to get their hands on these new gems. Apple is allowing customers to trade-in their current iPhone for the new one or pay off their phone monthly. Whether you decide to purchase the new debuts or not, it doesn’t hurt to play around with it when visiting your local Apple store. Apple releases can be hit or miss, but it is always an exciting time with the drop of a new product. 

Thumbnail photo by Arnel Hasanovic on Unsplash.

Cindy Lam is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached at cindy.lam@uconn.edu.