Earth, Wok & Fire Opening Faces Further Delays 

0
0

Despite many delays, Earth, Wok & Fire is not scheduled to open for the next few weeks.   Photo by Kortney Drew/The Daily Campus

Despite many delays, Earth, Wok & Fire is not scheduled to open for the next few weeks.

Photo by Kortney Drew/The Daily Campus

Earth, Wok & Fire, the newest addition to the University of Connecticut Student Union, is facing another delay as it slowly inches towards its official opening.  

According to university spokesperson Stephanie Reitz, there were issues with delivering equipment preventing it from officially opening. 

“We hope to have an opening date within another couple of weeks,” Reitz said. 

Despite the promise of a nearing opening, students are still disappointed by the current situation. Many have been eagerly awaiting Earth, Wok & Fire since its initial announcement, but some are losing excitement as it draws close to the two-month mark after the promised August opening. 

“The delay definitely does affect my excitement,” says Jason Rich, a seventh-semester civil engineering major, “Having a date and then having it pushed back is pretty upsetting. We’ve been waiting for a good replacement for Panda Express for so long.”  

The restaurant is taking the place of Panda Express which left the Student Union in 2017. 

Despite the delays, though, Rich remains hopeful “Life goes on, my friends and I will still be waiting patiently for it to open.” 

Some students, however, don’t feel that this delay is going to have an effect on their hopes for the restaurant. 

Czara Mangahis, a first-semester civil engineering major, says, “Honestly, I had no idea there were any delays in the first place. I don’t think this will really affect my excitement, I just want to try Earth, Wok & Fire when it’s ready.” 

Danny Alvarez is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at danny.alvarez@uconn.edu.