Niall Horan welcomes you with ‘Nice To Meet Ya’ 

0
6

Niall Horan, former One Direction pop star, greeted his fans with “Nice To Meet Ya” on Oct. 5. It is Horan’s first single since the release of his freshman solo album “Flicker” in October of 2017.  

“Nice To Meet Ya” is unlike any of the songs from his bluegrass album “Flicker.” This song shows a different side of Horan and the fans love it. It has more edge than some may be used to from him, but it showcases the progression he has made in his music style.  

The song charted at No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Charts and has gained radio play all over the world, including in the U.K. and Australia.  

The beat of the song is catchy and consistent, making it easy and fun to listen to. “Nice To Meet Ya” uses a lot of different instruments throughout from keyboard to drums to electric guitar. His vocals are a lot more full and showcase a lot of soulfulness, compared to his single from “Flicker,” “Slow Hands.” 

The lyrics are about his busy lifestyle and meeting people, only to leave soon after due to his constant traveling for tour.

“Cause when the morning comes, I know you won’t be there / And every time I turn around, you disappear,” Horan sang.  

The song walks you through a date of sorts, where he is meeting someone and taking them out for a drink. It’s a straightforward song lyrically, but is a lot of fun because the tempo pairs with the lyrics in a powerful way.  

The song’s success is no surprise due to his large following from his days with One Direction. But Horan puts his own flare on all of his releases that was absent from his verses in the One Direction albums.  

The song is energetic, fast paced and the perfect song to dance along with your friends. The beat is too catchy not to bop your head along. All of this combined with the new and reformed sultry vocals Horan brought to the table, it’s no surprise everyone has loved it so far.  

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Thumbnail photo courtesy of @niallhoran Instagram.

Madison Appleby is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at madison.appleby@uconn.edu.