Halloween costume chic

0
0
exc-5da51eb7caca633cd0b519d9

Got invited to a Halloween party and need a last-minute costume or just don’t know what to dress up as? Here is a list of chic costume ideas that are fun and easy to make.  Photo by    NeONBRAND    on    Unsplash

Got invited to a Halloween party and need a last-minute costume or just don’t know what to dress up as? Here is a list of chic costume ideas that are fun and easy to make. Photo by NeONBRAND on Unsplash

It is everybody’s favorite time of the year, and I don’t mean midterm season. If you are anything like me, you have been looking forward to Halloween since the calendar hit October, and the holiday is only as good as the costume you wear. Don’t be caught in a bind the night of a party at a loss of what to wear. Here are some fun and easy Halloween costume ideas that you can tailor to what you have on hand. 

“Men (or Women) in Black” 

Make use of that black suit you wear just once a year to create this iconic movie look. Add a tie and sunglasses and you have got yourself a classy costume. This one is easy for couples and groups to coordinate. 

“Queen of Hearts” 

This costume can easily be ramped up or kept simple depending on what you have on hand and how extra you’re feeling. Don a plain red or black dress, do your hair up in a bun with a crown and add some hearts to your lips and cheeks with the reddest lipstick you can find. Tape some additional hearts to your dress or buy a deck of cards from the dollar store to arrange with your costume. As long as you have something black, red and with hearts, you can pull off this look. 

Mother Nature or Moon Goddess 

If you already have any kind of floral clothing, this costume idea will be easy for you to achieve. Wear a flowy, summer dress for an ethereal goddess vibe or a pair of shorts and a peasant blouse for a more carefree, casual look. Add any flower accessories you may have, like jewelry, socks or scarves. You can either choose to keep your makeup light and natural or pack on the glitter and highlight. Paint a flower on your cheek or find some flower tattoos to enhance the nature theme. Finish off the look with the essential flower crown, which you can make yourself with flowers from the dollar store or purchase at any Basic Girl shop.  

In the same vein, you can easily put out some astro vibes by throwing on black clothes and any combination of clothes and accessories you have with stars. Throw on that holographic highlighter and silver eyeliner you’ve been saving to make a statement. The beauty of these costumes is how customizable they are.  

Brawny Paper Towel Man 

This one is a classic, and helps you get in the spirit of “No-Shave November.” Throw on that red and black plaid shirt, grab a roll of paper towels with your namesake and keep your facial hair in check to complete this easy look. And if someone spills a drink, you’ll be ready to rescue them from a stain. 

“The Bachelor” or “Bachelorette” 

After all the drama on popular reality TV shows this past year, hopefully, this costume will at least be recognizable. Wear a fancy dress or a nice suit and make sure to have your bouquet of roses on hand. Giving out your roses will also be a nice conversation starter with whomever you might be eyeing on Halloween night.   

If all else fails, borrow a friend’s costume or something from the previous year. No one will know the difference. 

Hollie Lao is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at hollianne.lao@uconn.edu.