The easiest ginger ale cocktails to make this fall 

0
19

Ginger ale is the perfect element to create quick but delicious cocktails.  Photo by    Adam Jaime    on    Unsplash   . Thumbnail photo by    Ash Edmonds    on    Unsplash   .

Ginger ale is the perfect element to create quick but delicious cocktails. Photo by Adam Jaime on Unsplash. Thumbnail photo by Ash Edmonds on Unsplash.

Ginger ale has long been hailed as a cure for stomach aches the day after drinking, but it also acts as the perfect mixer for so many cocktails. Not only does ginger boast a number of health benefits, like decreasing muscle soreness and acting as an anti-inflammatory, it also tastes great. Ginger ale’s subtle sweetness pairs well with everything from vodka to whiskey. Try out one of these super easy recipes this weekend! 

Ginger Sunset 

Ingredients: 

1 ½ oz. white whiskey 

2 oz. cranberry juice 

½ oz. fresh-squeezed lemon juice 

Ginger ale 

Cranberries for garnish 

To make this refreshing cocktail, simply combine the whiskey, cranberry juice and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously and strain into a highball glass. Top off with ginger ale and garnish with cranberries.  

Scotch and Ginger 

Ingredients:  

½ oz. scotch  

1 ½ oz. ginger ale 

Ginger for garnish 

This cocktail could not be any easier to make. With minimal ingredients, it makes the dark, heavy taste of scotch a little bit lighter. Combine the scotch and ginger ale in a highball glass and garnish with ginger and a lime wedge.  

Raspberry Ginger Twist 

Ingredients:  

4 oz. ginger ale  

1 ½ oz. gin 

¾ oz. raspberry syrup 

¾ oz. lemon juice 

Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously and pour into a glass over ice. Garnish with a blackberry and a sprig of rosemary.  

Ginger Vanilla Fizz 

Ingredients:  

1 ½ oz. vanilla vodka 

1 oz. ginger ale 

1 oz. Sprite 

Again, this is a very simple cocktail; you probably already have these ingredients in your fridge. And, it’s perfect for soda lovers! Add all ingredients to a glass with ice. Stir and garnish with a vanilla bean. 

Ginger Ale Spritzer 

Ingredients:  

5 oz. of your favorite white wine 

3 oz. chilled ginger ale 

½ oz. lime juice 

Fresh or candied ginger for garnish 

Combine all ingredients into a tall glass over ice. Garnish with a piece of ginger on a spear. For a less sweet variation, substitute ginger ale for ginger beer or club soda in any of these recipes. 

Thirsty Thursday is created by of-age students in the Daily Campus Life section. Recommendations can be sent to life@dailycampus.com. We will respond if sober.