HomeLifeSpooky song essentials for your Halloween party

Spooky song essentials for your Halloween party

Click  here  to listen to our spooky Halloween playlist.  Thumbnail photo courtesy of @billieeilish Instagram.

Click here to listen to our spooky Halloween playlist. Thumbnail photo courtesy of @billieeilish Instagram.

Hallo-weekend is approaching, and what’s a Halloween party without a spooky playlist? From new artists like Billie Eilish to classics like TLC and Radiohead, this is the perfect combination to get in the Halloween spirit in a more modern way. Sorry, “Monster Mash” didn’t make the cut—we’re maturing our spooky music here. 

“Bad Guy”- Billie Eilish 

This was an easy pick. Eilish’s soft voice combined with the heavy bass is the perfect vibe for a Halloween party. It’s spooky but still catchy and fun to dance to.

“Disturbia”- Rihanna  

This is one of the OG songs from queen Rihanna. The lyrics and the beat give off a spooky vibe and are endlessly catchy.  

“Creep”- TLC 

Bring a little ‘90s to your Halloween party with R&B girl group TLC. It’s the perfect way to mix it up a little this weekend. 

“The Monster”- Eminem feat. Rihanna

This is another classic from Rihanna, this time with Eminem. Can you really have a Halloween playlist without a song that mentions monsters? Other than that, the song is just a banger. 

“All the Good Girls go to Hell”- Billie Eilish 

You really can’t go wrong with a Billie Eilish song for Halloween. She has a raspy voice that conveys the perfect darkness for Halloween. Eilish is also a popular costume this year.  

“Creep”- Radiohead 

This is another slow, nostalgic track, but the vocals and content of the lyrics bring a unique darkness to the party. Also, this is a Radiohead classic, so your friends will be able to sing along. 

“Heavydirtysoul”- Twenty One Pilots 

In this Oct. 14, 2019 photo American musical duo Twenty One Pilots performed at Mohegan Sun Arena. “My Blood” and “Heabydirtysoul” are two songs from the duo that should make an essential spooky songs playlist.  Photo by Kimberly Nguyen / The Daily Campus

In this Oct. 14, 2019 photo American musical duo Twenty One Pilots performed at Mohegan Sun Arena. “My Blood” and “Heabydirtysoul” are two songs from the duo that should make an essential spooky songs playlist. Photo by Kimberly Nguyen / The Daily Campus

This fast-paced rock song from Twenty One Pilots has the perfect eerie verses, with use of dark lyrics such as “death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit.” Its speed will keep the energy of your party alive while keeping it spooky.

“My Blood”- Twenty One Pilots 

This song is from the newest Twenty One Pilots album and has eerie, ghost-like vocals in the chorus of the song.

“My Strange Addiction”- Billie Eilish 

The song is catchy and the beat features a heavy bass but a slow tempo. When matched with her soft yet gritty vocals, the song is not only fun to dance to, but also spooky. 

“She Wolf”- Shakira 

Need I say more? “She Wolf” is a Halloween hit I couldn’t leave out of this playlist. It is reminiscent of an apocalypse, and what’s better than that during Halloween?  

Whether you’re home handing out candy this Halloween or at a costume party every day this weekend, these songs are bound to get you in the Halloween spirit. 

Madison Appleby is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at madison.appleby@uconn.edu.