Women’s Hockey: Huskies look to get back to winning against Brown  

0
3
exc-5dc0d004c211b23ac00f18b4

The UConn women’s hockey team is hosting Brown University this weekend at home. They are hopeful to get back on track after going winless last weekend.  Photo by Kevin Lindstrom / The Daily Campus.

The UConn women’s hockey team is hosting Brown University this weekend at home. They are hopeful to get back on track after going winless last weekend. Photo by Kevin Lindstrom / The Daily Campus.

After dropping both games of their out-of-conference Icebreaker Tournament last weekend, the UConn women’s hockey team looks to get back in the win column when they host the winless Brown University team Tuesday night.  

UConn (4-4) comes into Tuesday night’s contest scoring 2.4 goals per game (19 total) and allowing 2.0 goals per game (16 total) in their previous eight games. Meanwhile, Brown (0-4) has scored only 1.3 goals per game (five total) and is allowing their opponents to score 4.3 goals per game (17 total).  

UConn has also dominated in the faceoff circle where Brown has struggled. UConn comes into the game boasting a .566 faceoff win percentage, compared to Brown’s .467.  

For UConn, forward Natalie Snodgrass is leading the Huskies offensively with six points (two goals, four assists) in eight games. For Brown, it is forward Shay Maloney leading the way with two goals and one assist in four games.  

Brown comes into Tuesday night’s contest having lost three straight to the Huskies.  

The puck will drop at 6 p.m. at the Mark Edward Freitas Ice Forum, Nov. 4.  

Ben Berg is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at ben.berg@uconn.edu. He tweets @bergywergy3030.